Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Could anyone throw some light on NSW SS.

The scenario is:
I will complete my 3 years of work ex on 15th June.
So if I apply for NSW SS on 16th June; are there any chances of getting it before 1st July.
What is the fees for applying and is it worth taking a chance?

Thanks in anticipation!

Rinkesh

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm afraid you wont be able to get your SS before July 2012 changes if you apply on 16th June. They do everything by post and it takes most of the time.

NSW SS charges AUD 300, to be paid by Money Order or Bank Cheque.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi All,

Could anyone throw some light on NSW SS.

The scenario is:
I will complete my 3 years of work ex on 15th June.
So if I apply for NSW SS on 16th June; are there any chances of getting it before 1st July.
What is the fees for applying and is it worth taking a chance?

Thanks in anticipation!

Rinkesh
nope, its pretty much impossible to get a NSW sponsorship within 2 weeks, you're not gonna make it. However you can still apply, and hope to use your sponsorship under the new system skillselect you never know you may qualify.

Alternatively you can take your chances with WA SS (if eligible), they used to process in few days, but now they take about 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I had asked this question previously in some thread, but did not get the answer :

For applying for NSW SS, the requirements on their website are posted as -

To qualify for NSW State sponsorship you must:

* be under 50 years of age
* have qualifications and experience in the occupations listed below
* attain 65 points on the DIAC skills test
* have had your skills assessed by the appropriate Australian assessing authority.

Please see point 3. Does this mean that I need to have full 65 points even before applying for NSW SS ? I currently have 60 points, and was hoping that NSW SS would give me the required 5 points (if SS is granted). I'm confused on what this exactly means .

Anybody faced a similar situation where while before applying for NSW SS you had 60 points , and you were waiting for NSW SS for the 5 points ?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I had asked this question previously in some thread, but did not get the answer :

For applying for NSW SS, the requirements on their website are posted as -

To qualify for NSW State sponsorship you must:

* be under 50 years of age
* have qualifications and experience in the occupations listed below
* attain 65 points on the DIAC skills test
* have had your skills assessed by the appropriate Australian assessing authority.

Please see point 3. Does this mean that I need to have full 65 points even before applying for NSW SS ? I currently have 60 points, and was hoping that NSW SS would give me the required 5 points (if SS is granted). I'm confused on what this exactly means .

Anybody faced a similar situation where while before applying for NSW SS you had 60 points , and you were waiting for NSW SS for the 5 points ?
I would suggest you should ask them directly by sending an email. They are pretty quick to reply back. I got a reply from them next morning when I sent them an email. That should clear the confusion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.