Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have applied for NSW SS on the 8th May. Just wondering how much time NSW is taking these days to take decision on a sponsorship application.

I am a bit worried in the sense that I have to apply before 30th June deadline. Don't know if there is enough time to get the response from NSW.

Anyone recently applied for NSW SS, please share your timeline.

Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
NSW normally gets back in 15-30 days, does not take more than that, you should be able to lodge DIAC before June 30, chill!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hi msvayani

northwest is right. Maximum NSW will take is 4 weeks which was in my case due to some delay in postal. You are well in time to apply before deadline

·
Registered
179 Posts
NSW is very fast. I sent courier on Mar 9, it reached them on Mar 14. They sent a mail on Mar 20 that my DD couldn't be processed. I arranged alternate payment which reached them on Mar 26. They signed it and posted it on Mar 26 itself. Courier reached me on Apr 2.

Hope you get yours very quickly as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have applied for NSW SS on the 8th May. Just wondering how much time NSW is taking these days to take decision on a sponsorship application.

I am a bit worried in the sense that I have to apply before 30th June deadline. Don't know if there is enough time to get the response from NSW.

Anyone recently applied for NSW SS, please share your timeline.

Thanks
Hi msvayani,

Even I'm in the same boat... not sure why NSW is taking so long to respond...
I applied for NSW SS on 19th April... then got the acknowledgement receipt from them on 8th May that payment was received and got the Tax invoice...since then nothing from them....:confused2:
Will have to wait till then...no choice:confused:

·
Registered
202 Posts
shubo2012 said:
Hi msvayani,

I applied for NSW SS on 19th April... then got the acknowledgement receipt from them on 8th May that payment was received and got the Tax invoice...since then nothing from them....:confused2:
Just to give you some hope, I got my tax invoice on 22nd April and got the letter on 5th may. In total, it took 5 weeks.

Vijay.

G

·
Everything is taking much longer because many people are doing the same as you and applying now to try and beat the deadline to lodge before July. They probably have double the work load but no extra staff!
But hope they come back to you soon so you can apply.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just to give you some hope, I got my tax invoice on 22nd April and got the letter on 5th may. In total, it took 5 weeks.

Vijay.
Hey Vijay

Thanks a lot for encouraging... I am keeping my fingers crossed...:pray:

Shubo

·
Registered
179 Posts
I got NSW SS in 24 days. Applied on Mar 9 and got result on Apr 2

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
shubo2012 said:
Hi msvayani,

I suggest you should wait till at least 19 May before start worrying about the response. :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sent my application on 8th May through DHL. Reached there on the 10th May but I've not recieved any ack email or tax reciept.

Its 14th May today. Should I worry a little?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I got NSW SS in 24 days. Applied on Mar 9 and got result on Apr 2
sraza - What was the issue with the DD? Anything that we all should know about so that nobody faces the same problem ? How did you get the DD of AUD 300 ? Was it the equivalent INR amount ?

Others from India - Please let me know your replies to my question above.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I suggest you should wait till at least 19 May before start worrying about the response. :)
Yeah fine..i can surely wait for 5 more days...:D

·
Registered
202 Posts
msvayani said:
Sent my application on 8th May through DHL. Reached there on the 10th May but I've not recieved any ack email or tax reciept.

Its 14th May today. Should I worry a little?
Your package reached on 2 days, that's good news. Mine reached in 4 days. Same DHL express.

I received the tax invoice 2 weeks later. So, you wait till may 24th. You still have time, so start worrying after the 24th.

Vijay.

·
Registered
202 Posts
sherlock said:
sraza - What was the issue with the DD? Anything that we all should know about so that nobody faces the same problem ? How did you get the DD of AUD 300 ? Was it the equivalent INR amount ?

Others from India - Please let me know your replies to my question above.
I sent it through HDFC and it worked great. Go to those banks which have some sort of collaboration with some Australian bank. HDFC had with some bank I don't remember the name. Axis bank is another bank which has some tie up.

Vijay.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I sent it through HDFC and it worked great. Go to those banks which have some sort of collaboration with some Australian bank. HDFC had with some bank I don't remember the name. Axis bank is another bank which has some tie up.

Vijay.
Thanks Vijay ! I'll check out HDFC then.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.