Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've completed my EA assessment, got accredited as Electrical Engineer and filled my EOI in June 2017 for NSW nomination, with 60 points.

Bachelor's: 15points
Exp: 0yrs (I had 3+ years experience in electrical engineering, but EA rejected my work experience due to lack of sufficient 3rd party evidence)
PTE: 10points
State: 5points
Total: 60points

Could someone give an insight into my chances of getting an invite with 60points and how long would it take to get the invite?

·
Registered
151 Posts
It should be rather fast.

BTW. You do not need to have EA to verify your work experience. Different from ACS, DIBP does not count on EA's result. CO will do their check by themselves regardless of whether you have EA verification or not.
You may claim 5 points for work as long as you think it is highly relevant to your nominated occupation and you have sufficient materials to back you claim. CO may carry out investigation by calling your boss etc.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

BTW. You do not need to have EA to verify your work experience. Different from ACS, DIBP does not count on EA's result. CO will do their check by themselves regardless of whether you have EA verification or not.
You may claim 5 points for work as long as you think it is highly relevant to your nominated occupation and you have sufficient materials to back you claim. CO may carry out investigation by calling your boss etc.
I'm asking about the NSW state nomination 190 visa (55+5points).

So you are telling, i can claim 5 points in EOI without EA accepting my work experience?? is it possible?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

But my migration agent has confirmed that I can claim points for work experience only if DIBP accredited bodies (here in my case EA) accepts my work experience, which they didn't.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Normally how long would it take to get nsw state invitation for an electrical engineer with 50+5 points, for 190 VISA?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi everyone,

I've completed my EA assessment, got accredited as Electrical Engineer and filled my EOI in June 2017 for NSW nomination, with 60 points.

Bachelor's: 15points
Exp: 0yrs (I had 3+ years experience in electrical engineering, but EA rejected my work experience due to lack of sufficient 3rd party evidence)
PTE: 10points
State: 5points

Could someone give an insight into my chances of getting an invite with 60points and how long would it take to get the invite?

Did you got your invite?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great! Hopefully, you will get the grant soon. When did you get the invite? What were your points ? did you claim your experience points too in EOI ?
Got invited on September 5th.
Total 60 points. Since EA didn't accept my employment I didn't claim any points for employment in eoi.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi All,
Is there any place where you can whether the invitation to particular professions is been granted?
I am new to this process & curious about Electrical Engineer invited for the past 2 months rounds?
Please help.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi All,
Is there any place where you can whether the invitation to particular professions is been granted?
I am new to this process & curious about Electrical Engineer invited for the past 2 months rounds?
Please help.
Please google skill select home affairs and see invitation rounds. Based on current invitation numbers, you will get invitation within 3-4 months unless DIBP increase the number of invitations per round. Goodluck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nab

Total 60 points. Since EA didn't accept my employment I didn't claim any points for employment in eoi.

Your were invited by NSW to submit application on September 5th or this date was for the invitation from DIBP in skill select. I heard that after getting invitation from NSW to submit application, 3 more months are required to get invitation from DIBP in skill select.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Elec Engrr

How much time was taken from your EOI submission to the invition by NSW to submit application. And then from NSW application submission to Invitation by DIBP in skill select?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

I am also in the similar situation

I am an electrical engineer 233311

My point is 55 total

I applied for 190 NSW

Then my total point 55+5

I filed my EOI in 19 th december 2017 and waiting for reply..

Is there any chance to get 190 invitation and how long to wait for that..

Please let me know and call me if possible to provide more picture about immigration

My number <SNIP> See "Inappropriate content", here:http://www.expatforum.com/expats/ex...-please-read-before-posting.html#post13155594 kaju/moderator

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,

I've completed my EA assessment, got accredited as Electrical Engineer and filled my EOI in 19 th December 2017 for NSW nomination, with 60 points. Still waiting for NSW invitation.

Bachelor's: 15 points
Exp: 8.7yrs - 15 points
PTE: 0 points
State: 5 points

Could someone give an insight into my chances of getting an invite with 55+5 points and how long would it take to get the invite?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello friends, I am an electrical engineer with 65 pints for 189 and 70 points for 190. What do you think about my chances for NSW (subclass 190 with 70 points) according to the current situations?
If I stand a chance, how long it might take to get an invite? Also, by June 2018 I will have 3 years experience as a design engineer, can i claim 5 points with just 3 years of experience? I have read somewhere that to claim points for 3 years of experience, I should've at least 4 years experience in hand. Please share your insights and experiences guys...
Thanks!

Bachelor Degree: 15
PTE: 20
Experience: 0 (2 years 8 months)

·
Registered
24 Posts

Hi nitva91 could you please share your understanding about my above query?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hello friends, I am an electrical engineer with 65 pints for 189 and 70 points for 190. What do you think about my chances for NSW (subclass 190 with 70 points) according to the current situations?
If I stand a chance, how long it might take to get an invite? Also, by June 2018 I will have 3 years experience as a design engineer, can i claim 5 points with just 3 years of experience? I have read somewhere that to claim points for 3 years of experience, I should've at least 4 years experience in hand. Please share your insights and experiences guys...
Thanks!

Bachelor Degree: 15
PTE: 20
Experience: 0 (2 years 8 months)

Hi George,

Did you get the invite for 190 ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi George,

Did you get the invite for 190 ?
No rocky, i am just about to lodge my skill assesment..just curious to know about the current situations

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 49 Posts