Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
So, after months of preparation, house sales, school withdraws, shutting businesses and much much more.... we're off to Sydney arriving early September this year. Good luck all.
Good luck to you as well. We are also visiting in September just to mark our intial entry and see around.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello, I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to post at, but I'm looking for some information on what I need to prepare for before moving to NSW. I received my grant last July 13, but I'm already booked for a short trip in August.

Thinking of looking at some places to possibly stay at, get a Tax File Number, and potentially look at jobs. Apart from those 3, what else should I consider early on? I'm planning on moving by January 2019.

1. Bank Accounts?
2. SIM Card?
3. Etc

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Hello, I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to post at, but I'm looking for some information on what I need to prepare for before moving to NSW. I received my grant last July 13, but I'm already booked for a short trip in August.

Thinking of looking at some places to possibly stay at, get a Tax File Number, and potentially look at jobs. Apart from those 3, what else should I consider early on? I'm planning on moving by January 2019.

1. Bank Accounts?
2. SIM Card?
3. Etc

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Stick to just these 2 things you mentioned and keep aside the TFN, medicare, centrelink, etc. for your permanent move. Do activate international roaming on your SIM card before you leave Australia so that you can use it while overseas.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Stick to just these 2 things you mentioned and keep aside the TFN, medicare, centrelink, etc. for your permanent move. Do activate international roaming on your SIM card before you leave Australia so that you can use it while overseas.
Great! Thank you so much!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey people,

So I moved to Sydney 2 months back. I'll be happy to help in case of any questions, so feel free to add me to your WhatsApp group or contact me if required.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, there is. PM me your numbers guys.
Hello,

I am moving to Sydney on 10th Sept in search of a job and i would love to get connected with you guys. I want to join the whatsapp group but i am not able to PM you coz of the lack of posts. Could you please PM me?

Thanks a ton! Cheers!:)

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Hello,

I am moving to Sydney on 10th Sept in search of a job and i would love to get connected with you guys. I want to join the whatsapp group but i am not able to PM you coz of the lack of posts. Could you please PM me?

Thanks a ton! Cheers!:)
You should be able to now.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hello All,

Am moving to Sydney in the first week of October. Would be great to connect with people having similar timelines.

Cheers,
Aafy

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey people,

So I moved to Sydney 2 months back. I'll be happy to help in case of any questions, so feel free to add me to your WhatsApp group or contact me if required.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Hey... i am planning to move to Sydney around Mar'19.. i would like to get an idea about the job market and good areas to stay (on sharing) till i get a decent job and then bring my family...
Also if you could provide insight on how to go about looking for job...

Cheers

121 - 140 of 140 Posts