Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
All the best, am also planning to move around the same time and mostly to Melbourne.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have received my invitation, but in the process of getting the documents. We are planning to move to Melbourne by end of Feb, provided we get the grant by then.
Nice to hear that people are moving there too.

Do you have a job offer at hand?
All the best, am also planning to move around the same time and mostly to Melbourne.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Guys, My wife and I are planning to move to Sydney in late Jan18/early Feb 18. Pretty nervous as I would leave my high paying job here. I am in analytics industry and my wife in HR . If any one can help me to better prepare myself before landing, that would be a great help. Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi Guys, My wife and I are planning to move to Sydney in late Jan18/early Feb 18. Pretty nervous as I would leave my high paying job here. I am in analytics industry and my wife in HR . If any one can help me to better prepare myself before landing, that would be a great help. Thanks

I think the best advice is to carry out some decent job market research before you arrive. Look in your chosen field and identify the Aussie qualifications expected in your chosen field. For myself, this was valuable and allowed me to research the Aussie skills gap I needed to plug through distance learning qualifications (such as Aussie certificates) or courses to go on on arrival in country.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hello all, :)

My husband and I have received our grant letters and will be immigrating from Bombay (Mumbai) to Sydney in April 2018. Is there anyone else who has the same timeline?

I will be heading to Sydney in March 2018. Airfare booked & just gave notice to my current employer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think the best advice is to carry out some decent job market research before you arrive. Look in your chosen field and identify the Aussie qualifications expected in your chosen field. For myself, this was valuable and allowed me to research the Aussie skills gap I needed to plug through distance learning qualifications (such as Aussie certificates) or courses to go on on arrival in country.
Thanks...

·
Registered
215 Posts
following...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Planning in June 2018

Hi,
I am planning to move to sydney or brisbane around the same time. going for a validation trip to brisbane next month with family. wow exited!!!!!!!!!. will be back, complete the formalities with employer, pack every thing, and move alone first and then bring family once i am settled. I am too leaving a good job here and moving so very nervous. i am in to SQL server DB programming any once has any idea of how the job market is for this skill? i am following seek closely to see how the job market is. i see on an average of 6 jobs per week that suits me, can we grade this amount to good or bad? i see there are alot of jobs for .net i almost see 20 posting every day. i am gathering all the contacts that i can. friends, family friends, friends friends :)

if any one can shed light on this it will be great.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Hello all, :)

My husband and I have received our grant letters and will be immigrating from Bombay (Mumbai) to Sydney in April 2018. Is there anyone else who has the same timeline?
me too. my IED is march 2018 but im moving there in jan.

im having problem looking for a place to rent since i dont have a job yet

Reactions: Yamini B Y

·
Registered
882 Posts
I will be heading to Sydney in March 2018. Airfare booked & just gave notice to my current employer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
great, where will u be staying at ?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Hi,
I am planning to move to sydney or brisbane around the same time. going for a validation trip to brisbane next month with family. wow exited!!!!!!!!!. will be back, complete the formalities with employer, pack every thing, and move alone first and then bring family once i am settled. I am too leaving a good job here and moving so very nervous. i am in to SQL server DB programming any once has any idea of how the job market is for this skill? i am following seek closely to see how the job market is. i see on an average of 6 jobs per week that suits me, can we grade this amount to good or bad? i see there are alot of jobs for .net i almost see 20 posting every day. i am gathering all the contacts that i can. friends, family friends, friends friends :)

if any one can shed light on this it will be great.

thanks in advance.

good luck. im establishing contacts too !

·
Registered
109 Posts
great, where will u be staying at ?
Gonna bum at my friend place in Wollongong first. Have not narrow down to which suburbs I will be renting from.

Reactions: commie_rick

·
Registered
882 Posts
Look for a temporary stay via AirBnb and then look at various areas & places you would like to rent out a place
I tried but worried about last minute cancellations from the owner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts