Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can some one validate the following information I read/got to know about please.

To convert my international driving licence to NSW full driving licence.

1. I am holding my international licence for more than 3 yrs and I am allowed to drive in NSW for the first 3 months (the part that I want u to validate is ->)but to continue to drive after 3 months, I need to apply and clear all the 3 online tests and the practical driving test with in these first 3 months?
Your Ans:

2. I am planning to move to sydney(not sure whether it's CBD/east/west....), can someone having Full NSW class car(c) driving licence share their contact information where I can clarify my doubts on learning local traffic rules, finding an instructor, buying a second hand car and getting the full driver licence!

please contact me on my skypeID- yagakeerthikiran

Best Regards,
Kiran Yaga

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Does your licence fall in a Recognised country list?

Recognised Country A: If you hold a licence from one of these countries, you do not have to pass knowledge and driving tests when applying for a NSW car (class C) or rider (class R) licence:

Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Canada, Croatia, Denmark
Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guernsey
Ireland, Isle of Man (licences issued since 1 April 1991), Italy, Japan, Jersey, Luxembourg
Malta (licences issued or renewed since 2 January 2004), Netherlands, New Zealand, (except for paper licences), Norway, Portugal
Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America

Girl Aussie

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does your licence fall in a Recognised country list?

Recognised Country A: If you hold a licence from one of these countries, you do not have to pass knowledge and driving tests when applying for a NSW car (class C) or rider (class R) licence:

Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Canada, Croatia, Denmark
Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guernsey
Ireland, Isle of Man (licences issued since 1 April 1991), Italy, Japan, Jersey, Luxembourg
Malta (licences issued or renewed since 2 January 2004), Netherlands, New Zealand, (except for paper licences), Norway, Portugal
Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America

Girl Aussie
Hi,

I hold an Indian driving licence and it is not one of the recognised country list. Driving skills required in India vary at lot from Australia. So, I need to start with an instructor and for my practice, I am planning to buy a used car. I have been reading a lot on the road rules & regulations. I can handle the theory/knowing the rules & regulations part.

DKT Test - Driver Knowledge Exam Questions Online Practice
Getting your P2 licence - Getting a licence - Your licence - GEARED
Hazard Perception Test (HPT) - Licence tests - Driver licence - Licence - Roads - Roads and Maritime Services
Hazard Perception Test (HPT) - Licence tests - Driver licence - Licence - Roads - Roads and Maritime Services

My main concern is the "Driving Test", buying a right car(reasonably in good condition/no hidden defects). I heard that the car dealers also cheat, who are supposed to be reliable compared to private sellers!

Thanks for your reply, I will keep posting my questions on to this forum. If you are comfortable pinging me on skype, that would be better.

Regards,
Kiran Yaga

1 - 3 of 3 Posts