Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

My NSW190 visa is granted this month and I plan to fly to Sydney by next April. But I have a concern about the obligation of living in NSW for the first 2years of my time in this wonderful country.

The story is that I'm applying internal transfer from Shanghai to Sydney where my employer also has a big office in Moscot, but I was told there isn't any vacant until end of 2015, two years after my first arrival in NSW. So could anyone tell me if it is compliant with the commitment of living obligation in NSW that after my first arrival in Sydney, I plan to fly back to Shanghai and wait for the internal transfer in end of 2015 to Sydney?

Thank you for answer and suggestion in advance!

James

·
Registered
48 Posts
Can anyone help?
Hi James,

you have to enter sydney by the date specified by immigration on your visa..
later you can go back to shanghai and return whenever you want , it doesnt matter with 2yr restriction.. in the 2yr restriction period you can either live or travel..

you can cross check this info with any migrating agent as well..

cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Nickstv12,

Thank you so much for your answer. So now I can manage my plan and at least book the ticket for my first arrival:)

James

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Dear all,

My NSW190 visa is granted this month and I plan to fly to Sydney by next April. But I have a concern about the obligation of living in NSW for the first 2years of my time in this wonderful country.

The story is that I'm applying internal transfer from Shanghai to Sydney where my employer also has a big office in Moscot, but I was told there isn't any vacant until end of 2015, two years after my first arrival in NSW. So could anyone tell me if it is compliant with the commitment of living obligation in NSW that after my first arrival in Sydney, I plan to fly back to Shanghai and wait for the internal transfer in end of 2015 to Sydney?

Thank you for answer and suggestion in advance!

James
The 2 year residency obligation starts when you migrate to Australia to live, not when you enter to activate the visa.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Dear venkat,

Please search the forum threads where this topic has already been discussed at length. Search for "switching states".

Hi , I moved to Sydney recently on Visa190 - Australia PR visa NSW state nomination for which there is a commitment to live and work in NSW state for 2 years. Can some one clarify if I can move to any other state and work there if I get a Job out side NSW. Should we take permission from NSW government for this. Please advise immediately.

Regards,
Venkat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts