Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi,

I am new to this Forum. I just want to how to kick off for migrate to Australia on Pre-arranged Job
Pre-arranged Job? I guess you mean some kind of sponsorship.
Well I haven't heard of that being so easy and readily available.
Why don't get a visa and move to OZ for a job.
If you qualify thats the way to go. :)

-Melbourne

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Dear Melbourne,

For getting Visa what are the necessary steps as my profile suites to SOL Job requirement Code 261314 and Still I am unable to know from where to start for the Visa?

-Vaibhav

Pre-arranged Job? I guess you mean some kind of sponsorship.
Well I haven't heard of that being so easy and readily available.
Why don't get a visa and move to OZ for a job.
If you qualify thats the way to go. :)

-Melbourne

·
Registered
274 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dear Indian01/melbourne,

As I am from IT background and I completed my Bachelor in CS only.
does i need to go for RPL now as well?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Dear Indian01/melbourne,

No I dont think so, however I have also started exploring Australian PR process pretty recently hence nt 100% sure, but from what I have read so far, I think you dont need to go through RPL, please read the PASA guidelines pdf, link is in my lengthy post and obviosuly in australian immigration site also.

·
Registered
256 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Dear Indian01/melbourne,

No, go for ACS Skills Assessment.

-Melbourne

·
Registered
200 Posts
Step 1: Goi through the points system and check if you can make 65 points that will make you eligible for PR.

you can try for 175 independent or 176 State sponsored. For state sponsorship you need to check if your skills are in demand in any particular state in Australia and if it is then you can apply for it and see if they sponsor you. If you receive a state sponsorship, you make a commitment to stay and work in that state for a minimum of 2 years. The state sponsored visas are processed faster than 175 independent

Step 2: get your skills assessment done. Since it seems that your qualifications are in line with what you are working as, you should go for the ACS skills assessment.
Go through the ACS website and get as much information as you can about skills assessment and if you have queries here, I am sure you will find fellow forum members who will be happy to help you

Step 3: Get your IELTS test done and try and score above 7 so that you can get your points for English language ability and also meet qualifying criteria for state sponsorship

Step 4: once you have your IELTS results and a positive assessment from ACS you apply for state sponsorship if you decide to go for 176 state sponsored visa else you go directly to step 5

Step 5 : apply to DIAC for PR visa depending on what path you have chose i.e. whether you have chosen for 175 or 176.

If you have applied for 176 then after lodging the application you should send the details to the state sponsoring you who will then confirm with DIAC

If you have applied for 175 then you just go ahead and wait for the processing to happen as per timelines

Once you have applied you will be allocated a case officer depending on the priority of application and timelines. Once a case officer is allocated and he starts processing your application, he will request for medical tests and police clearance certificate (PCC) which you will have to then provide.

Medical tests are done at clinics empanelled by DIAC. PCC is done at passport office

These in summation is the process currently in force

parts of the process will change in July 2012 when a new system called Skillselect will be implemented. this change might make getting a PR rather difficult

So you have about 4 months to complete the above steps.

you may use agents if you so wish and if you do, make sure that the agents are MARA registered. the details of this can again be researched through the DIAC website.

hope this helps. Please make sure you do adequate research and get as much information as you go through the process

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks a lot pradiprn for this detailed info.These steps are guiding me a lot.

Step 1: Goi through the points system and check if you can make 65 points that will make you eligible for PR.

you can try for 175 independent or 176 State sponsored. For state sponsorship you need to check if your skills are in demand in any particular state in Australia and if it is then you can apply for it and see if they sponsor you. If you receive a state sponsorship, you make a commitment to stay and work in that state for a minimum of 2 years. The state sponsored visas are processed faster than 175 independent

Step 2: get your skills assessment done. Since it seems that your qualifications are in line with what you are working as, you should go for the ACS skills assessment.
Go through the ACS website and get as much information as you can about skills assessment and if you have queries here, I am sure you will find fellow forum members who will be happy to help you

Step 3: Get your IELTS test done and try and score above 7 so that you can get your points for English language ability and also meet qualifying criteria for state sponsorship

Step 4: once you have your IELTS results and a positive assessment from ACS you apply for state sponsorship if you decide to go for 176 state sponsored visa else you go directly to step 5

Step 5 : apply to DIAC for PR visa depending on what path you have chose i.e. whether you have chosen for 175 or 176.

If you have applied for 176 then after lodging the application you should send the details to the state sponsoring you who will then confirm with DIAC

If you have applied for 175 then you just go ahead and wait for the processing to happen as per timelines

Once you have applied you will be allocated a case officer depending on the priority of application and timelines. Once a case officer is allocated and he starts processing your application, he will request for medical tests and police clearance certificate (PCC) which you will have to then provide.

Medical tests are done at clinics empanelled by DIAC. PCC is done at passport office

These in summation is the process currently in force

parts of the process will change in July 2012 when a new system called Skillselect will be implemented. this change might make getting a PR rather difficult

So you have about 4 months to complete the above steps.

you may use agents if you so wish and if you do, make sure that the agents are MARA registered. the details of this can again be researched through the DIAC website.

hope this helps. Please make sure you do adequate research and get as much information as you go through the process

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dear Pradiprn,

As per ACS before going for Skills assessment "please check your options with DIAC or migrating Agent" what do they want to convey.Did the DIAC and ACS have differenr requirement for the ANZCO codes?

and Also I am was totally unaware about 176.Could you please provide a info abt them as well and which which states will sponsor the 176?

Thanks

Thanks a lot pradiprn for this detailed info.These steps are guiding me a lot.

·
Registered
200 Posts
er.vaibhavshukla said:
Dear Pradiprn,

As per ACS before going for Skills assessment "please check your options with DIAC or migrating Agent" what do they want to convey.Did the DIAC and ACS have differenr requirement for the ANZCO codes?

and Also I am was totally unaware about 176.Could you please provide a info abt them as well and which which states will sponsor the 176?

Thanks
It is a standard notice. The codes do not differ. You have to make sure that all evidence with respect to your work experience is in line with the job description under the job code that you at applying for. You will use the same documents while filing for the visa with DIAC as well.

176 is a state sponsored or family sponsored visa. You will be able to find the details on the DIAC website. For state sponsorship each sate in Australia has it own list of occupations in demand. You can get those tie by googling for state sponsorship with each state e.g. Google Victoria state sponsorship and you will get the link to the official website. You can also find the link if you search in this forum.

As I said before you will need to make efforts by researching on the net thoroughly

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Man
Sure I will do the search regarding the same :)

It is a standard notice. The codes do not differ. You have to make sure that all evidence with respect to your work experience is in line with the job description under the job code that you at applying for. You will use the same documents while filing for the visa with DIAC as well.

176 is a state sponsored or family sponsored visa. You will be able to find the details on the DIAC website. For state sponsorship each sate in Australia has it own list of occupations in demand. You can get those tie by googling for state sponsorship with each state e.g. Google Victoria state sponsorship and you will get the link to the official website. You can also find the link if you search in this forum.

As I said before you will need to make efforts by researching on the net thoroughly

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dear Pradiprn,

Do i need to submit my IT certificate or appreciation certificates for ACS skills Assessment?

Dear Pradiprn,

Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.