Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I’m in the process of sending all my details to the London visa office for the final check
This is under the federal skilled workers program
I have a question regarding the person who can sign the copies to verify the documents authenticity
On the CIC website it states that the following can sign the form:
a judge
• a magistrate
• a notary public
• an officer of a court of justice
• a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the person is living

My question is: What professions do this cover? My friend is a Professional Engineer and Chartered with the IMechE does this count?
Any help on this subject, I would be very grateful

Thanks for your help
Regards
Alex

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Hi

I’m in the process of sending all my details to the London visa office for the final check
I have a question regarding the person who can sign the copies to verify the documents authenticity
a judge
• a magistrate
• a notary public
• a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the person is living

My question is: What professions do this cover? My friend is a Professional Engineer and Chartered with the IMechE does this count?

Thanks for your help
Regards
Alex
No, your friend's signature us NOT acceptable. The CIC gave you the acceptable signatories. If you do not know any of the first four professions you'll have to have it done by a barrister/solicitor and this will cost you an appropriate fee.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi

a judge
• a magistrate
• a notary public

Thanks for your help
Regards
Alex

Well I wouldnt like to swear this will work, but we had all ours signed by the counter service manager (civilian) at our local police station, he stamped a cheshire police stamp, and wrote on it his name and rank etc, and ours all went through fine. We did it that way because I had a crazy moment and failed to realise just how many needed notarising, and when I realised I had missed some, the deadline was like a day away, so I had no choice but to go with that and keep my fingers crossed.

Good luck

Vicki

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Well I wouldnt like to swear this will work, but we had all ours signed by the counter service manager (civilian) at our local police station, he stamped a cheshire police stamp, and wrote on it his name and rank etc, and ours all went through fine. We did it that way because I had a crazy moment and failed to realise just how many needed notarising, and when I realised I had missed some, the deadline was like a day away, so I had no choice but to go with that and keep my fingers crossed.

Good luck

Vicki

Good luck!
Unless the Counter Service Manager is a Notary Public you may experience some difficulty unless the auditing CIC officer is not on the ball or very lax and lets it slip through. I hope for your sake, I'm wrong.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Unless the Counter Service Manager is a Notary Public you may experience some difficulty unless the auditing CIC officer is not on the ball or very lax and lets it slip through. I hope for your sake, I'm wrong.

I think we got lucky cos we are now at the sending passport stage...so I think it has gone through. Medicals are all done and passed, and from what I understand we will have our visas very soon.

Maybe I was lucky! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think we got lucky cos we are now at the sending passport stage...so I think it has gone through. Medicals are all done and passed, and from what I understand we will have our visas very soon.

Maybe I was lucky! :)

Thanks for your information,
I went to the local solictors in the end. they have signed and stamped them with there brand name and details. So hopefully this will be ok

Thanks

Alex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.