Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I got my documents certified in India last week. I am using this for ACS assessment.

Apart from the usual notary seals and signature, the notary pasted a sticker on each of the document copies - this was small a round sticker silver colored, with the notary name and designation mentioned in red on it.

The notary said that in India the documents being sent abroad need to have this sticker.

Please let me know if this ok?

Thank you
srghvn

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi Guys,

I got my documents certified in India last week. I am using this for ACS assessment.

Apart from the usual notary seals and signature, the notary pasted a sticker on each of the document copies - this was small a round sticker silver colored, with the notary name and designation mentioned in red on it.

The notary said that in India the documents being sent abroad need to have this sticker.

Please let me know if this ok?

Thank you
srghvn
This is not mandatory but good that they have put it on your documents. I did not had seal like this while doing ACS assessment.

Amit

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,

ACS requires documents with Notary certified stamps in it. Also colour scan copy of the attested document in pdf format is appreciated. It is not mandatory to have the notary sticker and if you have it is additional bonus.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Is it mandatory to get the notary stamp of "VALID FOR FOREIGN COUNTRY, OUT OF INDIA, EMBASSIES ETC." on all the notary certified copies of transcripts, reference letters, statutory declarations, passport/birth certificate?

Please clarify.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Is it mandatory to get the notary stamp of "VALID FOR FOREIGN COUNTRY, OUT OF INDIA, EMBASSIES ETC." on all the notary certified copies of transcripts, reference letters, statutory declarations, passport/birth certificate?

Please clarify.
While it is not "mandatory", it gives the verifier a good impression & makes it easy for the eye to catch/believe that it is genuinely notarized.

Reactions: vjk

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yes its good that you have the sticker in your docs. It represents ACS that you have followed the right way to get your docs approved by a legal authority.

All the best.

-Pk

Reactions: vjk
1 - 6 of 6 Posts