Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband is applying for a spouse visa to join me in the UK. We are hoping to submit our application by the end of this month. In January 2015 he took the City and Guilds Entry Level Certificate in ESOL International (Spoken and Listening). It's the Preliminary A1. So there are two certificates - one for speaking and one for listening and he passed them both with a "first class pass".

Now I'm aware that City and Guilds certificates will no longer be accepted, however the new rules state that "anyone who has taken a previously approved test on or before 5 April 2015 may still use it in a UK immigration application until 5 November 2015 providing the test is one of those detailed in the transitional approved tests list."

However the gov website has a "transitional list of approved tests and providers". The exact test my husband took (Entry Level, Preliminary A1) isn't really on there, however I know that some people who have applied using this test got their visa.

Does anyone know if this test may be accepted? Hope somebody can help!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
My husband is applying for a spouse visa to join me in the UK. We are hoping to submit our application by the end of this month. In January 2015 he took the City and Guilds Entry Level Certificate in ESOL International (Spoken and Listening). It's the Preliminary A1. So there are two certificates - one for speaking and one for listening and he passed them both with a "first class pass".

Now I'm aware that City and Guilds certificates will no longer be accepted, however the new rules state that "anyone who has taken a previously approved test on or before 5 April 2015 may still use it in a UK immigration application until 5 November 2015 providing the test is one of those detailed in the transitional approved tests list."

However the gov website has a "transitional list of approved tests and providers". The exact test my husband took (Entry Level, Preliminary A1) isn't really on there, however I know that some people who have applied using this test got their visa.

Does anyone know if this test may be accepted? Hope somebody can help!

The approved lit of Examination Boards changed in April if the Certificates you
have are from Centres approved before April they should be accepted but are only valid until November.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.