Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

In the FORM 80, If I am not willing to mention one of my travel details stamped on the passport (Visa Stamped) and I lived there for more than half an year, although its unfair but do the DIAC have mechanisms to find this thing out? And later they might ask why you did not mention in your application?

Security checks or something from FIA?

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
Lying on a visa application is just about the worse thing that you could. You will get found out and that amounts to visa fraud, which ultimately puts paid to your migration dream for the foreseeable future. The stamp is already in your passport, so what's the point in hiding it anyway! It may be seem like a minor thing to you but the repercussions are major. From DIAC's point of view, if you can lie about one thing on your application, you can lie about everything else and from the point that you need to be of a good character to live in Australia, you're hardly confirming that you are of good character - quite the contrary! Bear in mind that once you are refused a visa on the basis of lying/ providing false information, this will haunt you on every single application you make in the future for other countries. Ultimately, the view would always be that if you can lie to try and get a visa in one country, what's to say that you are not doing the same thing on a subsequent visa application.

Declare all of your travels and save yourself a lot of trouble. DIAC is not stupid and many people have been caught for far less serious things and paid with a visa ban!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Pakistan is already on HR list and I guess somewhere on the top portion.

You will be found out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts