Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all help required,

I leave Dubai in 2 wks but my co. owes me a substantional amount of salary, can any body advive me

a. other than the MOL is there any legal companines that can help me out with this

b. is there a UAE wage guarantee system for companies that cant/wont pay.

Thanks for your help/advice.

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
Go to the Ministry of Labour, the sooner the better. You need to go personally as they will not entertain phone complains.

Basically they will send the representative of your employer a notice with a date and time to meet at the MOL to resolve the matter in an amicable way. If you are leaving the company, MOL can also help calculate how much is owed to you on end of service benefits. Make sure you bring a copy of your contract.

From what I have heard, they are quite helpful especially if you remain very polite and civilised even if the other party doesn't ;) You can also request very politely that all the discussions during the meeting are done in English rather than Arabic if you don't speak the language, as sometimes the company representatives will just speak in Arabic directly to the MOL officers, leaving the non arabic speaking in great disadvantage.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Firstly, when happens when you go to the manager/owner and say "give me my money"?

If we know the reason they're giving for not paying you, it will be easier to advise how to address that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok guys so the answer is forget the idea of a labor solicator & go directly to the MOL to open a case.

Gaveteck - the company is owed a substational amount of money itself, from our calclations quiet a bit more than what they owe, unfortunitely we are at a critical pt as i'm fearful that to many staff memebers may go causing an avalanche type effect.

Again thanks for your opinions & advice.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
That's all well and good, but what exactly has your boss told you? Has he expressly told you that he can't afford to pay you, has he told you he's not willing to pay you and if so did he give a reason, or have you simply just not been paid and haven't actually demanded your salary from anyone?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.