Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am new to this forum and recently joined to discuss an issue. I was working in Dubai and had tried to get another job. I got the offer letter from a new company and they asked me to ask my previous employer to cancel my employment visa so they can apply for me on behalf of the new job. I did so and they asked me to exit and they would send me my visa to my hometown. Now I am waiting here for two months and I have checked the status of my visa online that it's approved but now the company seems not interested in paying the visa fee and cancel the visa.

1. I just want to know that can i take any legal action against this as i have left the last job and had exit Dubai as per their suggestion.

2. What is the procedure of file a complaint against the employer when I am not there in Dubai? Can Anyone do this to my behalf? Or is there any possibility to complain online?

Your suggestions will heartily appreciated

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,944 Posts
Hi

I am new to this forum and recently joined to discuss an issue. I was working in Dubai and had tried to get another job. I got the offer letter from a new company and they asked me to ask my previous employer to cancel my employment visa so they can apply for me on behalf of the new job. I did so and they asked me to exit and they would send me my visa to my hometown. Now I am waiting here for two months and I have checked the status of my visa online that it's approved but now the company seems not interested in paying the visa fee and cancel the visa.

1. I just want to know that can i take any legal action against this as i have left the last job and had exit Dubai as per their suggestion.

2. What is the procedure of file a complaint against the employer when I am not there in Dubai? Can Anyone do this to my behalf? Or is there any possibility to complain online?

Your suggestions will heartily appreciated
Hi,
Welcome to the forum.
There are a few confusing bits in your post - so please clarify the following:-
1) did your original sponsor cancel your visa with them before you left Dubai?
2) did your new company give you a signed offer letter and have they provided you with a signed contract of employment?
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
451 Posts
Offer letter has zero strength in UAE as far as I know. I don't believe you have any rights to complain based on an offer letter. They might have hired someone else. I would look for another job rather than waste my efforts in complaining.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Offer Letter

Thanks for the reply Steve

My visa has been cancelled before I left Dubai

I am having the signed offer letter with the signed contract of employment

1 - 4 of 4 Posts