Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I was hoping someone on this forum can please advise me

When my first spouse visa application to sponsor my husband was refused I was sent back the documents that I supplied as part of my application.

I was sent back my documents ( originals) however the ECO did not send back to me the original receipts for the greeting cards my husband sent to me.....there were 5 in total over the course of the year we were apart

Luckily I have taken photo copies of the original receipts and these photocopies have been returned with my other documents.

The original receipts for the cards I had sent to him and theire photo copies have been returned. Only the originals which he sent to me had not been returned.

It's now nearly 1 year later since I first applied and I will be putting on my second application to sponsor my husband very soon

For my second application I will supply only photo copies of the greeting cards that my husband sent to me and state in my covering letter to the ECO that I did not recieve the originals greeting card recipets after my first refusal therefore only have the photo copies ( which were returned ) to provide.

After my refusal me and my husband have continued to send each other cards n I have originals receipts for these

. So from 2015- 2016 I will provide photo copies of the greeting cards that my husband sent to me as the originals for this year was not returned

. Greeting cards sent to me by husband in the year 2017 will be originals( and I will take copies too) as these were sent after my refusal

Will stating this in my covering letter be enough to claifriy the situation? . As it's not my fault that the originals were not returned the only thing I can do is supply the photo copies that I took of each reciept.

Also is there any idea why the ECO will keep the original and return the photo copies... surely he should have returned the originals and kept the copies.

Please reply I appreciate all the help i can get

Thanks for reading

Layla

·
Registered
5,990 Posts
Honest question, do you really need receipts for greeting cards? Do they hold sentimental value? If you are crucially reliant upon greeting card receipts for a spouse visa application, then it's not a very strong application... Hopefully you communicated over other media (phone, email, SMS, video calls, instant message)? I don't know if you will receive the originals back, but yes you could state in your cover letter that the original cards (or receipts? hard to tell which you mean) were not returned after your previous refusal.

Do also note that UKVI isn't requiring correspondence evidence anymore.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yh we have communicated over whatsapp and we have itemized phone records with lebara for the whole two years since we have been apart. I have also evidence of money which i have sent to him aswwll over the last two years

I have also been to visit him in his home country twice and have air line tickets n stamps in passport to prove this

We also have photos of our time spent together e.g days out photos with family and friends

All our communication has been consistent throughout the whole relationship

I am not just relying on greeting cards at all ......

I was just unsure about the issue of theire not been original receipts as proof of sending.. but you have stated that it should be ok therefore I am now reassured that it should not be a problem

Thanks for your advice

Layla

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.