Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering whether anyone could offer advice on a little situation....

I work for a Co. in Abu Dhabi and have not been paid my salary for four months and wanted to know where I stand on this.

Is it true that if you have not been paid for certain amount of time that you can transfer your visa (if you find another job) without obtaining an NOC from your current employer?

Also, is there a system over here to protect the rights of employees in cases such as this?

Regards,
Skint!:mad:

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Was wondering whether anyone could offer advice on a little situation....

I work for a Co. in Abu Dhabi and have not been paid my salary for four months and wanted to know where I stand on this.

Is it true that if you have not been paid for certain amount of time that you can transfer your visa (if you find another job) without obtaining an NOC from your current employer?

Also, is there a system over here to protect the rights of employees in cases such as this?

Regards,
Skint!:mad:
The company is breaking the law and you should contact the Ministry of Labour who will take this matter seriously.

See the first letter from this column

The National Newspaper

Please contact me if you'd like any more info.

-

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
If I remember correctly, if you have not been paid for 3 or months, then you can take new employment without an NOC.

Contact the MOL to open a case first though

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, seems consensus is to contact the MOL. I'm a little apprehensive about this course of action as the MD will think it's a betrayal. However, I'm sure if I wasn't performing in my job he'd kick me out without much of a second thought!

·
Banned
598 Posts
A little off topic but, why did you continue to work for 4 months after not recieving pay the first month? I hope you get your back pay, that really is terrible.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A little off topic but, why did you continue to work for 4 months after not recieving pay the first month? I hope you get your back pay, that really is terrible.
A long story really, details of which I don't really want to expose on the forum for obvious reasons. I guess I must just be crazy...LOL

·
Banned
598 Posts
Thats cool bro, but damn that sucks the big one. Good luck

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Thanks, seems consensus is to contact the MOL. I'm a little apprehensive about this course of action as the MD will think it's a betrayal. However, I'm sure if I wasn't performing in my job he'd kick me out without much of a second thought!
And not paying you isn't betrayal??

-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.