Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Experts

I received my assessment result but one of my experience is not being counted.

Below is my assessment Letter -->

Mr Ishant Dua
<------Address----->
Dear Mr Dua,
Thank you for your ICT skills assessment which was received by the Australian Computer Society on 21 May 2015.

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Your qualification has been assessed as follows:

Your Bachelor of Technology (Information Technology) from XYZ completed August 2011 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing.

The following employment after August 2013 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 08/11 - 04/13 (1yrs 8mths)
Position: SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Employer: ABC

Dates: 04/13 - 04/14 (1yrs 0mths)
Position: ABC

The following employment has been assessed as not suitable.
Dates: 05/14 - 05/15 (0yrs 0mths)
Position: SYSTEMS ENGINEER - Not Assessable due to Insufficient Documentation
Employer: XYZ

Please note that the Department of Immigration and Border Protection reserves the right to undertake further investigation regarding your skilled employment experience.
While the ACS is authorised to assess ICT skills assessments, the final decision in awarding points remains with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
This assessment is based upon the documents provided. By issuing this letter or otherwise, the ACS makes no representation regarding:

• The authenticity of documentation provided or the veracity of content.
• The suitability of the applicant for migration or employment.

This assessment is valid for a period of 24 months from the date of this letter.
The ACS thanks you for your application and looks forward to assisting you with your future as an ICT

Professional.
Yours sincerely,
Berny Martinez
Director of Professional Standards & Assessment Services

Now, i am not claiming points for my experience. I have submitted EOI for NSW but not got an invite yet.

My questions-->
Do i need to go for Review of Assessment if i do not want to claim points for Experience?
If i go for a review and it is successful, can i get points for my experience (someone told me that if you apply for 261313 (Software Engineer), then first two years of experience is not taken in account) leaving me with <3 yrs. experience.

Experts, please help me out.

Thanks
Ishant

·
Registered
32 Posts
What kind of documents did you submitted for your last position?

In any case they will deduct two years of experience, if you get positive review of your assessment, your 3 years of skilled experience will be after Aug-2016. You can still go ahead and apply EOI but without claiming points for experience deducted by ACS.

Hello Experts

I received my assessment result but one of my experience is not being counted.

Below is my assessment Letter -->

Mr Ishant Dua
<------Address----->
Dear Mr Dua,
Thank you for your ICT skills assessment which was received by the Australian Computer Society on 21 May 2015.

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Your qualification has been assessed as follows:

Your Bachelor of Technology (Information Technology) from XYZ completed August 2011 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing.

The following employment after August 2013 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 08/11 - 04/13 (1yrs 8mths)
Position: SOFTWARE ENGINEER

Dates: 04/13 - 04/14 (1yrs 0mths)
Position: ABC

The following employment has been assessed as not suitable.
Dates: 05/14 - 05/15 (0yrs 0mths)
Position: SYSTEMS ENGINEER - Not Assessable due to Insufficient Documentation
Employer: XYZ

Please note that the Department of Immigration and Border Protection reserves the right to undertake further investigation regarding your skilled employment experience.
While the ACS is authorised to assess ICT skills assessments, the final decision in awarding points remains with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
This assessment is based upon the documents provided. By issuing this letter or otherwise, the ACS makes no representation regarding:

• The authenticity of documentation provided or the veracity of content.
• The suitability of the applicant for migration or employment.

This assessment is valid for a period of 24 months from the date of this letter.
The ACS thanks you for your application and looks forward to assisting you with your future as an ICT

Professional.
Yours sincerely,
Berny Martinez
Director of Professional Standards & Assessment Services

Now, i am not claiming points for my experience. I have submitted EOI for NSW but not got an invite yet.

My questions-->
Do i need to go for Review of Assessment if i do not want to claim points for Experience?
If i go for a review and it is successful, can i get points for my experience (someone told me that if you apply for 261313 (Software Engineer), then first two years of experience is not taken in account) leaving me with <3 yrs. experience.

Experts, please help me out.

Thanks
Ishant

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I submitted pdf documents which were not attested because i got on mail like appointment letter, etc.

I did not get them attested because to attest you need original docs and pdf copies cant have original.

So, you are saying that it is ok if i do not go for a review and continue with EOI with this assessment result?

Thanks Ishant

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
ACS will still deduct minimum 2 years of your experience irrespective of fresh or re-assessment, and irrespective of any specific occupation code. Even your current assessment result has mentioned that it is only after Aug-2013 that you can claim experience points. Even with this current assessment result, you are left with <3 yrs. experience.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ACS will still deduct minimum 2 years of your experience irrespective of fresh or re-assessment, and irrespective of any specific occupation code. Even your current assessment result has mentioned that it is only after Aug-2013 that you can claim experience points. Even with this current assessment result, you are left with <3 yrs. experience.
Thanks for pointing that out.

I have 30(Age) + 15 (Education) + 10 (IELTS) = 55 points.

Now, can i apply for EOI irrespective that one of my employer experience was not assesed but overall assessment was positive?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Thanks for pointing that out.

I have 30(Age) + 15 (Education) + 10 (IELTS) = 55 points.

Now, can i apply for EOI irrespective that one of my employer experience was not assesed but overall assessment was positive?
You can file your EOI but, the minimum score to be eligible is 60, so you won't be able to submit it for 189 visa subclass. You can try for 190 subclass where a sponsoring state can help you with 5 additional points from their side.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can file your EOI but, the minimum score to be eligible is 60, so you won't be able to submit it for 189 visa subclass. You can try for 190 subclass where a sponsoring state can help you with 5 additional points from their side.
Thanks.

I have applied for 190 - NSW State Sponsorship but not got the invitation so far. Will wait. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts