Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

So, I've decided to dip my toe into the murky underworld of forum banter...

A bit about myself. I'm forty years old and have a real urge to make the move down under after a holiday of a lifetime in 2011.

My wife has family across Australia stretching from Perth to Brisbane. We went out there for a month's holiday which enabled us to catch up with everyone and obviously had the most unreal experience. Ever since then though the pull to go back permanently has grown stronger.

Unfortunately, my wife's occupation is not on any of the lists which leaves the possibility of emigration solely at my door.

My career path has taken a somewhat meandering route over the years and i only find myself this past few months getting myself re-focused and back on track with my original career choice of Engineering.

I served an Engineering apprenticeship when i was sixteen up to HNC level and worked in the industry as a toolmaker for seven years before moving on into forestry work.

Recently my employer offered me a position on their Engineering program and that is due to start in August 2015.

Any Engineers out there that i could discuss plans and possibilities with??

Looking forwards to getting to know you guys.

Dave.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should also mention, My current employer is putting me through a training program that will elevate my skills to a Foundation Degree level in Electrical Power Engineering. This entails 2 years study at Aston University in Birmingham.

Also,

I've recently been accepted to study at BEng level at my local university in Electrical & Mechanical Engineering, which will also take 2 years study.

My issue is which option would stand me the best opportunity to achieve a visa?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should also mention, My current employer is putting me through a training program that will elevate my skills to a Foundation Degree level in Electrical Power Engineering. This entails 2 years study at Aston University in Birmingham.

Also,

I've recently been accepted to study at BEng level at my local university in Electrical & Mechanical Engineering, which will also take 2 years study.

My issue is which option would stand me the best opportunity to achieve a visa?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Do your BEng in Australia claiming credits. If it is >2 years then you will get the benefits of Australian study.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts