Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Not able to get Experience Letter

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  shets 
#1 ·
I am facing some problem, from 2004 till 2008 i've worked in Dubai with a contracting company of Dubai Civil Aviation after that i came back to Pakistan due to some reasons. My mistake is that i didn't request for my experience letter from the company, now i need that experience certificate in order to proceed with ACS. I've tried to contact Company via Call and Email address but they are not responding even all of my friends left the company and i don't know where are they right now because i don't have any contact. Right now i only have expired job card and visa paper on my passport. What is the best i should do and get/generate experience letter. Can anyone help me out in this regard.

#2 ·
Get statutory declaration from your manager/supervisor if possible...have all the Payslips, Tax filings ready to show employment proof..that would be sufficient

#3 ·
I think you didn't get my point let me clarify again;

I worked in Dubai for more than 4 years, which is tax free zone and don't know where the colleagues are, as there is not much interaction after leaving the company. Is there any way that i can produce evidence or any document to claim experience with ACS and apply for Immigration process.

There is one more question suppose if i track down any of my colleague but later i found out he also left dubai for good and resides to any other country. Now what is the best i can do. Do i still need to get Statuary document, if yes what is the process to do so because considering this that I am in my Home country and my colleague has also left the place where we used to work together and resides to any other 3rd country

#10 ·
I see lot of risk in claiming this employment.
But, its your call.

Any ways,

Given your scenario, only thing you can provide is visa on passport and copy of your residence card( is your company name, your position written?)

Self declaration in the place where you currently stay( in your case ,your home country)

Mention the circumstances why you can not provide more details regarding this eployment, your position, start date and end date, RnR , full time or part time, salary etc in your SD.

Other than that, If you saved any official e-mails you transmitted during that employment, your travel stamps in passport to UAE, any document that related to dubai employment.

Lastly, the acceptance of this employment will be at sole discretion of CO who review your case.

Good luck

#11 ·
Ok if that is the case, i have following details mentioned on documents;

1. Visa Paper on passport states
Name of Company of Parent Company
Job Title
Issue and Expiry dates

2. Job Card
Generated by Parent Company
Name of Contracting Company
Job Title
Expiry dates

3. Entry and Exist stamps are available on passport pages i can also provide the details and circumstances that why i am not able to produce document and choose self declaration

Are those information enough ??? if yes, do you have any self declaration sample form, kindly share if you can.

#13 ·
Some very valid points here..

If all else fails provide a self declaration. You also need to decide if you don't claim points for this employment provided you are comfortably placed.

Please note compiling documentation & building up your case is your job. However, it is always at the discretion of the case officer. CO has to get convinced by your documentation.

#14 ·
Thanks mate for your quick and detailed response, the reason of asking all this is currently if don't claim this particular 4 yr and 10 mon experience then my consolidated experience will be 8 yr 1 mon and from that 2 yr will be minus as per policy to ACS so it becomes 6yr and 1 mon but if i claim this particular 4 yr then i will get 8 yr of experience which certainly affects my points :) i think you got my point

Now as you are saying that is totally with me to proceed with it or not, i'll take decision on the basis of my IELTS point, i've already booked the coming date. Let's see what will happen with passage of time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.