Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been looking at property for sale in Cyprus on the internet for some months now. We are planning to move sometime after June.

So many of the properties look nice but are on a complex, which we are not sure we would want, given the annual fees.

Are there many houses, not apartments, for sale which are not on complexes and which don't get advertised on the internet?

Perhaps those of you who are already there could help with this question.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
We have been looking at property for sale in Cyprus on the internet for some months now. We are planning to move sometime after June.

So many of the properties look nice but are on a complex, which we are not sure we would want, given the annual fees.

Are there many houses, not apartments, for sale which are not on complexes and which don't get advertised on the internet?

Perhaps those of you who are already there could help with this question.

Thanks.
Hi Sheila,

Why don't you get Veronica and Dennis @ Elysianfields to scout round for you? They are in the know with all the Paphos areas, what is on offer and a fair price to pay. You won't get ripped off with some unknown agent.

I used them a few years ago in the early stages of moving here, unfortunately it took longer to sell my UK property than anticipated so had to hang on, but the houses I viewed here were what I asked for on my wish list.

Good luck in your search.:)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Sheila,

Why don't you get Veronica and Dennis @ Elysianfields to scout round for you? They are in the know with all the Paphos areas, what is on offer and a fair price to pay. You won't get ripped off with some unknown agent.

I used them a few years ago in the early stages of moving here, unfortunately it took longer to sell my UK property than anticipated so had to hang on, but the houses I viewed here were what I asked for on my wish list.

Good luck in your search.:)
Thanks Geraldine, that's a good suggestion, why didn't I think of that!:confused2:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Yes, there are all sorts of properties and sellers. You will see many signs by owners when you are here that try to sell on their own without the help of an agent. There are also some nice and very small complexes of only perhaps 4-6 properties. You would want to ask if current owners are all permanent residents or if they lease to holiday makers etc. Of course those specifics can change but it could give you an idea if it would be where you want to live. Communal fees also vary so do your research or enlist an agent to help with your wish list/queries. Good luck!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, there are all sorts of properties and sellers. You will see many signs by owners when you are here that try to sell on their own without the help of an agent. There are also some nice and very small complexes of only perhaps 4-6 properties. You would want to ask if current owners are all permanent residents or if they lease to holiday makers etc. Of course those specifics can change but it could give you an idea if it would be where you want to live. Communal fees also vary so do your research or enlist an agent to help with your wish list/queries. Good luck!
Thank you for your helpful advice, very much appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts