Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone is in the same situation with the Manila processing center or has any advice on a taking longer than official guidelines.

I submitted a priority UK Ancestry visa from New Zealand, biometrics on 23rd May and email from UKVI same day to say they had received this. I sent supporting documents off the same day by post.

On 1st May, I got all my supporting documents back from Australia, so have since figured they got sent to VFS global there from NZ to be scanned as they do not do this in NZ.

Previous advice from UKVI was priority processing took up to 5 days for non-settlement visas, but I am yet to hear anything despite being well past this time. Have tried calling the new Sitel helpline and they have escalated the issue, but will not tell me anything more than it has not been processed and I will get an email when it has.

Is anyone else in a similar position? Or was delayed and has now got their visa back? I would love to get an estimate of how long it is taking for people around this time since people a few weeks back on priority seemed to get their visa back within the 5 days according to the timeline thread.

Many thanks for any help!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I did my online application 4/5. Biometrics 8/5. Documents sent 9/5 and received 10/5 in Auckland (non settlement visa - non priority). HOWEVER, on 18/5 I received an email stating my documents had not been received and if not received within the next week a decision would be made based on my online application only. I emailed them using the form only to get a reply to fill in the form with my details which is what I did originally to get the reply :confused:

I have tried ringing them but after 10 minutes I just get hung up on. I know they have the documents cause I sent them via track and trace.

I'm assuming (and hoping) that they are just sitting in a pile on someones desk OR it could be with the drama in Manilla that was going on maybe holding things up??

The 15 working day deadline was 31/5 for me so each day I just keep waiting and putting my life on hold..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you didn't get your original documents back? Everything minus passport? From what I have slowly uncovered (as it isn't documented anywhere), everything gets sent to VFS Australia, scanned and sent to Manila, then documents returned to you and passport probably sent to Manila. When my documents returned, there were be some barcoded headers for all the pages which someone had put on. If you apply in Australia, I think everything gets scanned while you're there and you take the originals away with you.

I think this change is quite new, so might be some issue getting scanned documents between VFS and Manila, so could be worth chasing up with VFS to see if they have them. Although I don't know how you contact them as I have been looking to do that to see if they could tell me if they are getting a delay receiving visas back!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I sent ALL documents including my passport to the Auckland office (biometrics done in Christchurch and they do not take your documents. They have to be posted to Auckland).

I have just sent them an email with all my information so I should receive a reply within 2 working days. After that I will ring them. So frustrating!!!

Hope we both hear back from them soon. I'd also like to know if anyone else is having delays. I have to give work a months notice aswell as rehoming my dog :( and I can't do anything until I know whether I'm going or not...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Baycat I saw that you got your visa. That's awesome :) I finally received a reply to my email query saying they have my documents and the visa application is in process. Hopefully I get mine soon. I didn't pay for priority service though..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.