Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there,

Firstly I am quite new to this and have had various questions recently regarding different aspects of the fiance visa application so I do apologise. The help on here has been invaluable so far. This is regarding Non salaried employment.

I have 2 jobs in order to meet the financial requirement under catagory A.

One is simple - is a pub job I do 20ish hours per week/paid by the hour. This is definitely un salaried. I started in April and will have my 6 months by end of Sept. I do not have an official contract but they have written me an employment letter stating the information required by the home office (basically the same as below with non salaried calculation.)

My main job is slightly more complicated. I work for a charity and have a payscale that equates to 14.36 per hour. My hours have always varied but am currently on a permanent contract working a minimum of 3 days (22.2 hours) per week. However this does vary and sometimes I am asked to do more hours (in the past I have done less) for example I have recently been funded to do 6 days extra work on a schools project and they will be spread out over the next 3 months as I complete them. My contract stipulates I get paid 14.36 per hour and currently work a minimum of 22.2 hours per week. Extra hours are offered on an ad hoc basis and are paid at £14.36.

Does this still constitute non salaried employment if I have a fixed minimum amount of hours? I get paid monthly not weekly but pay is calculated on hours worked. Sometimes I work the same hours for a month or 2, sometimes it changes.

Also could someone please check through this employment letter that has been drafted for me? I have projected pay for next 3 months based on hours I'll probably be working. (I won't have 6 months in both jobs until the end of Sept.) Also, please bear in mind that this is only half of my income. When added to my other non salaried job my total Gross comes to about £22,600 and I will make sure this is made clear and the calculation done as part of my appendix 2 and associated paperwork.

To whom it may concern,

I can clarify that xxxxx has been employed at xxxxx since 2008 and her current role is as the office manager and waste reduction manager. She has a permanent contract.

Her employment is non salaried and she is paid £14.36 gross hourly on the basis of days worked in any given month. Her current minimum contracted hours as of June 2015 are 3 days (a “day” is classified as 7.4 hours – so 22.2 hours per week) and this will be ongoing. Any extra hours are paid at £14.36 per hour.
Monthly GROSS pay for last 6 months:

APRIL 797.43
MAY 797.43
June 1273.60
July 1379.86
August 1486.12
September 1592.39

Based on the calculation of NON SALARIED employment over the 6 month time period in question
April 2015-September 2015 her annual total gross pay will be £7326.83 / 6 x 12
= £14, 653.65

This can be evidenced by her wage slips signed by myself and the provided corresponding bank statements

Thank you in advance :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
by the way, I know these letters have to be dated not more than 28 days before my application I am just trying to make sure i am prepared so have discussed already with both employers and they will be updated when I have my wage slips and then dated/signed etc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.