Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have just put down a deposit on a house in La Majada near Mazarron and hope to complete by the end of July.

I plan to move here permanently in the next 2 years but initially will be non resident.

I have been told that I need to open a non residents Bank Account with a Spanish Bank in order to set up direct debits for electric, water etc

Can anyone recommend a Non Residents Bank account I can open with zero or minimal fees for direct debits

·
Banned
1,002 Posts
Whichever bank you look at, make sure you have discussed fully the charges and fees which that bank would apply. Do not think that anything you know about banking in UK is anything like that in Spain. There are of course similarities but also many differences. For example, many bank charge when funds are deposited into account.

So ask what the fee would be for every operation which you may need and don’t forget the maintenance charge, often charged every 3 months, just for having an account. Often around 69 euros a year.

You will (should) be required to provide a certificate of non-residence. Ask the ban how you do that.

PS My bank is great, good service very low charges, but that is because I have negotiated it, so a new customer would not get the same deal automatically. For that reason I will not recomend my bank !!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts