Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I was helping my sis to file her 175 application last night and put our parents names under the "Non-migrating Dependents" section instead of under "other Family Members". After she submitted the application, the screen mentioned that she may need to provide all those medicals/police checks for them!
Actually, we just put wrongly. No intention of including them or having them affect her application in any way. They can always visit her using normal tourist visas.

Now, my question is how can we move them from "Non-migration dependents" to "Other family members" section?
Or shall she wait till she gets a CO (probably 7-8mths later) and inform him?

And she didn't get any "auto-Acknowledgement" emails after the submission also. She's getting very worried about this dependent thingy and of having no acknowledgement email. She can log in to attach scanned copies, check doc checklist etc though.

When I applied last year, i put everyone under "Other Family members". :D and I couldn't recall that when I was helping her file! Feeling so guilty now. :confused2:

Do share your views. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Parents added under non migrating dependents wrongly

Hi Hazel,
I hope you have got your Visa by now.
I am also under the same situation and added my parents under non migrating dependents category, and now I want them to be added under other family members.
Can you please advise me on how did you get it changed in your application
Thanks
Sachin
Hi All,

I was helping my sis to file her 175 application last night and put our parents names under the "Non-migrating Dependents" section instead of under "other Family Members". After she submitted the application, the screen mentioned that she may need to provide all those medicals/police checks for them!
Actually, we just put wrongly. No intention of including them or having them affect her application in any way. They can always visit her using normal tourist visas.

Now, my question is how can we move them from "Non-migration dependents" to "Other family members" section?
Or shall she wait till she gets a CO (probably 7-8mths later) and inform him?

And she didn't get any "auto-Acknowledgement" emails after the submission also. She's getting very worried about this dependent thingy and of having no acknowledgement email. She can log in to attach scanned copies, check doc checklist etc though.

When I applied last year, i put everyone under "Other Family members". :D and I couldn't recall that when I was helping her file! Feeling so guilty now. :confused2:

Do share your views. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just asked my sister to upload another form altogether. Form # 1023 - for incorrect information.
I hope that's the correct way to rectify it. We've got to wait till CO looks at the application and see if there's anything else still need to be submitted.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Parents added under non migrating dependents wrongly

Hi
Great , and thanks for the reply.
Sorry to bug you but I was wondering on how do we upload this form, because what I have seen in form is that, you can fill it in PDF itself but can not save the filled in form, rather can just take the print out.
Are you suggesting that I scan the filled form and upload it ?

Thanks again
Stomar

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Hazel

Did submitting form 1023 worked in your case? I am struggling with the same problem. Please do let me know.

Best regards
Raghu

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Guys,

I am Karthik and even i am in the same situation like you guys. My CO is yet to be assigned and i have downloaded the form 1023. Do i need to upload/submit the form into the website before the CO gets allocated or can i do it even now without waiting for the CO

P.S : I have added my parents and sister as non-migrating dependents and need to remove them now from my visa application

Please advise. It would be grateful if you guys can help me sort out this issue

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi Raghu/Karthik,
I had a similar issue. Please check my reply in the thread "How to correct detail in 190 visa application after submission? Need advise from MARA".

Thanks,
Zafar

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Karthik

Don't worry, once your CO is assigned they will ask you, if you want to continue with non migrating dependents. You can request them to remove.

Regards
Raghu

1 - 8 of 8 Posts