Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have applied for subclass 189 on 1st Sep 2013. I have my parents who are in India as non migrating dependents. But after lodgement, I noticed that they also have to complete PCC and medicals.
Any idea how to remove them? Is it possible now?
Please suggest.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi All,

I have applied for subclass 189 on 1st Sep 2013. I have my parents who are in India as non migrating dependents. But after lodgement, I noticed that they also have to complete PCC and medicals.
Any idea how to remove them? Is it possible now?
Please suggest.
Yes, it is possible to remove them... you have to inform CO

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are they your dependents?
Yes they are dependent on me financially. But I want to remove them because I don't to go for there medical as they have per existing ailments like diabetics and heart problem. Please suggest.

G

·
Yes they are dependent on me financially. But I want to remove them because I don't to go for there medical as they have per existing ailments like diabetics and heart problem. Please suggest.
SIGH so you are considering committing visa fraud by lying and saying they are not dependent thinking they might not pass the requirements and you all would not get a visa?

This is the reason there are such strict requirements and security checks to avail fraud.

·
Registered
108 Posts
where's the "tying yourself in knots" icon........

ok Shel- what happens when a person includes parents as n/m dependents, then removes them in case their level of incapacity threatens their own visa?
Presumably removing them would mean that, should they wish to join him later they'll have to pay full whack? if they could pass the medical requirement.
Would it not be better to include them to start with (unless they are so incapacitated that they would definitely "fail?"

Just trying to get my head around how this works & why people put them on/take them off all the time!

G

·
Many people put them on because they are daft. They assume they are dependent because they are for instance the oldest son, but DIAC doesn't work like that and they end up removing them because they can not prove dependency.

Then you have the group of people who think that if they put their parents or any other relative as non migrating dependent they can get them their own PR visas later quickly and easily. Again DIAC doesnt work like that!

And you have your worriers who have added dependants but dont want to jeopardise their own visa and future but they perceive the dependent wont pass and are willing to leave them behind. Maybe believing they can get them in later, maybe thinking he could send them money to live off, I dont know.

But its the way of the world for many from developing countries, fight for survival and if it means they can get a visa if they take them off that's what they will do.

The thing is it would take some level of disability for them not to get a visa if they are genuinely dependent. They would need to be quite severely effected ie would cost a lot of money in welfare, medical care, social care and be completely incapable of working or looking after themselves. Which is why those with development disorders fail. People with epilepsy, diabetes, heart problems, arthritis, cancer survivors and so on get visas all the time.

Regardless of if they are added on to the application as dependent or apply later as a parent they need to pass the medical. My take is it would be easier for an elderly relative to pass the medical now than in a few years when they are eligible to apply for a parent visa because they are old and conditions get worse and need more attention with age!
And of course it is far more expensive to get them a visa later if they qualify and if they choose the cheap parent visa it can take 15+ years to be granted, not a great wait for an elderly relative.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SIGH so you are considering committing visa fraud by lying and saying they are not dependent thinking they might not pass the requirements and you all would not get a visa?

This is the reason there are such strict requirements and security checks to avail fraud.
Shel -- thanks for your reply. I added my parents as I was the eldest son in the family and I thought some time down the line I am person to look after my parents although financially they are sound now. Probably there was a lack of understanding from my side. I don't have any intension to provide any wrong information and involve in fraud activities. And I have added them in non migrating section. There is no chance in future that they are going to come to Australia.
Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
haha Shel that made me lol in the 1st sentence!
however it's serious subject I know, and that's what I was thinking -from all I've read the medical threshold is quite generous & so it makes sense to add genuine dependents straight away. For the benefit of others reading who may be in a similar situation, add genuine dependents at the time of application , since there would have to be a pretty dire medical condition/ prognosis for a total fail it would seem. Much more straightforward & sooo much cheaper than trying to get them over to join you at a later date.

·
Registered
272 Posts
your parents are NOT your dependants because they by the DIAC definition depend on themselves (one of them has to be gone from this world for you to be able to claim the other one as dependent). Because of that, you should fill form (there is one form for that forgot which one) and notify DIAC that you were not familiar with the dependency definition.

G

·
your parents are NOT your dependants because they by the DIAC definition depend on themselves (one of them has to be gone from this world for you to be able to claim the other one as dependent). Because of that, you should fill form (there is one form for that forgot which one) and notify DIAC that you were not familiar with the dependency definition.
That is unless one of them is disabled in which case they can be but I doubt that is the case with the OP.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts