Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done my BE in a Non-IT stream and I have 4.7 Yrs all of IT industry experience. I am looking to apply for Australian PR . Please advise me if the non It education background with a IT work expeirence is a hinderance in getting through the VISA process .

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi singhalvikash84,

if your bachelor degree has no ICT content or not enough to qualify for a "minor in ICT" (= 20% of the study program were ICT relevant) you will have to go through the Recognition of Prior Learning route. Unfortunately, you will need a minimum of 6 years of work experience in IT to qualify. To quote from the document linked above:

Applicants with a degree qualification that does not contain ICT content, require a minimum of 6 years of full time professional ICT skilled employment in a field closely related to the nominated occupation ANZSCO Code.
I see no possibility for you to apply for a skilled PR visa (subclasses 189/190) at the current time unless if you have certain vendor qualifications from Novell, Microsoft, Cisco etc. These are considered equivalent to an Australian Diploma with ICT major. With that qualification only 5 yrs of work experience will be required (if all your work is closely related to the job code you nominate). Take a look at the ACS Skills Assessment Guidelines for Applicants, which give an overview of all application options and criteria.

All the best,
Monika

·
Registered
9 Posts
I Guys,

Pls help me with the below queries,

I am non IT background but working in IT as a Senior Test Engineer,
Having 4.5 Years and 1 Year Part time ,
Education : bachelor Degree B.com 2009,

am i eligible for the Australia PR ?
Aus Embassy will accept the Part time experience ?
there will be any rejection of visa due to having non IT education ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
199 Posts
I Guys,

Pls help me with the below queries,

I am non IT background but working in IT as a Senior Test Engineer,
Having 4.5 Years and 1 Year Part time ,
Education : bachelor Degree B.com 2009,

am i eligible for the Australia PR ?
Aus Embassy will accept the Part time experience ?
there will be any rejection of visa due to having non IT education ?

Thanks in advance
Dinesh, your question is already answered above. Please read through it carefully :)

Additionally, you may need to apply for State Nominations as a Software Tester is only available in CSOL. I don't think part-time experience is considered.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello,

Good day to everyone. I am planning to proceed with Australia PR under Software Engineer role.
I am Btech in Electrical Engineering and have in total 8 years 5 months of work experience. So I guess I need to go through the RPL route . I heard that if I go through RPL then I have to have minimum of 6 years of work experience.

I am having doubt regarding the following :-
i) Will ACS deduct my 6 years of work experience ?
ii) While visa submission then do I get points only on the remaining 2 years 5 months ( 8 years
5 months - 6 years , 5 points ) or will I get points according to 6 years of experience ( 10 points )

Please can you help me out here urgently .

Thanks ,
Ron_AUS

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hello,

Good day to everyone. I am planning to proceed with Australia PR under Software Engineer role.
I am Btech in Electrical Engineering and have in total 8 years 5 months of work experience. So I guess I need to go through the RPL route . I heard that if I go through RPL then I have to have minimum of 6 years of work experience.

I am having doubt regarding the following :-
i) Will ACS deduct my 6 years of work experience ?
ii) While visa submission then do I get points only on the remaining 2 years 5 months ( 8 years
5 months - 6 years , 5 points ) or will I get points according to 6 years of experience ( 10 points )

Please can you help me out here urgently .

Thanks ,
Ron_AUS
Dude, I you dont have to go to RPL if your EEE degree has a minimum ICT content. I would recommend you to proceed with normal route. If however ACS feels that your degree doesnt have minimum ICT content, then it will recommend you to convert to RPL and it will give 30 days time to submit your Project report, which is more than enough.

The advantage of my recommendation is, if your assessment goes via normal route, your experience will get deducted for only 2 or 4 years otherwise 6 years for RPL. Even if you go for RPL and get 6 yrs deducted and if you still be at the same (present) company for the next 6 months, you can claim points for the remaining 3 years. So, All the best for your application!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts