Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I got invitation to lodge application under 190.

while applying I got one doubt:

Non-Immigrant Dependent family members Declaration: My mother (age 70+) is with me in Australia on 6 months visitor visa.

Do I need to declare this under Non-Migrant Dependent Declaration? Will it impact anything on application and processing time?

I am the primary applicant and my wife is secondary and there is no children as of now.

Please suggest what need to do in this case?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
If you intend to include her in the application so she would also be granted a visa, then you would provide her details. Be aware you would need to be able to prove she is fully dependent on you (you provide for all financial support and day-to-day living needs, and she usually resides with you) and she would need to pass the medical otherwise your application would be refused.

If she's simply visiting you and not your dependent, then you don't mention her in your application.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you intend to include her in the application so she would also be granted a visa, then you would provide her details. Be aware you would need to be able to prove she is fully dependent on you (you provide for all financial support and day-to-day living needs, and she usually resides with you) and she would need to pass the medical otherwise your application would be refused.

If she's simply visiting you and not your dependent, then you don't mention her in your application.

Thanks for Clarifying it. It is difficult to prove that she is dependent. She came here to visit me for 6 months.

So I will remove her from application.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

This was the statement given:
Non-migrating dependent family members
Include any family member who would normally be included in this application but who does not require a visa. This family member may not be migrating to Australia or they may hold Australian citizenship.
There are further questions on the partner visa forms to gather information about the applicant's extended family members.
In some circumstances, this family member will be required to undergo health and character clearances.
This family member may wish to migrate later but must be aware that they will need to meet visa eligibility requirements in their own right at that time unless they meet visa requirements as part of this application and can travel within the validity of the visa.
A family member who already holds a valid visa or Australian Citizenship who may be travelling to Australia for residence with the family unit will not need to be included in the family migration application. However, they should be recorded as non-migrating family members.
Note: If this non-migrating family member does not hold a passport then enter their name and date of birth but leave the passport details questions blank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts