Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just received a newsletter from ACT in which they state:

"For those in the queue, patiently awaiting their visa, we have been lobbying DIAC on your behalf, hoping to persuade them to reinstate the processing priorities for government sponsored non CSL visas. The old processing priority also benefits us as it means that our sponsored skilled migrants will be arriving here within months instead years, not only to enjoy our wonderful lifestyle, but to help meet our critical need for skilled workers"

Seems like they are a little frustrated with the priority system for non-CSL. I hope they can persuade DIAC to make a few more changes soon :)

Mat

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Hi,

Just received a newsletter from ACT in which they state:

"For those in the queue, patiently awaiting their visa, we have been lobbying DIAC on your behalf, hoping to persuade them to reinstate the processing priorities for government sponsored non CSL visas. The old processing priority also benefits us as it means that our sponsored skilled migrants will be arriving here within months instead years, not only to enjoy our wonderful lifestyle, but to help meet our critical need for skilled workers"

Seems like they are a little frustrated with the priority system for non-CSL. I hope they can persuade DIAC to make a few more changes soon :)

Mat
thanks for this info mat...I was speaking to one of the agents over here in India & he was of the view that this priority processing is a big blunder made by DIAC...which they will correct in the future(hopefully)

I am also in non MODl & I am to file my 175 Visa before this year end, so he was suggesting that I should go on with the process...n dont get bothered with the new timelines(which states 3 years timelines)

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for this info mat...I was speaking to one of the agents over here in India & he was of the view that this priority processing is a big blunder made by DIAC...which they will correct in the future(hopefully)

I am also in non MODl & I am to file my 175 Visa before this year end, so he was suggesting that I should go on with the process...n dont get bothered with the new timelines(which states 3 years timelines)
Yes, my agent also says that all states are upset with the new priority processing order and are complaining to DIAC. Hopefully we will see a reorganization of these processing priorities shortly. It makes more sense that the states sponsorships get priority over 175 CSL applications, so states can fill their own particular job shortages quicker.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
interesting,
checked all my mails and there is was, saying we are working on making the processing faster, how i hope they are able to.. too many sailing in the same boat :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts