Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Under General Skilled Migration category Subclass 175, i'm applying for my residency in Australia. It has come to a stage where my Birth Certificate is needed by the immigration. Here is my situation. I do not have a birth certificate. When i had to take my 10th Std exams as i was a little under age by a few months at that point in time, my parents changed my DOB by 2 months earlier than my acutal birth date, so that i could sit for the exam. From that point in time, in all my academic/work certificates and passport my DOB is marked with this new date. If i go back to the municipality from where i have to get my birth certificate, they will obviously get me one with my actual DOB, which i cannot use any more, as all my other documents say otherwise. I live outside India for quite sometime now(not Australia).

Can someone help me how i can address this situation?

Thanks
SSrinivas

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Try asking the CO if any doc other then a birth certificate will do..

Hi,
Under General Skilled Migration category Subclass 175, i'm applying for my residency in Australia. It has come to a stage where my Birth Certificate is needed by the immigration. Here is my situation. I do not have a birth certificate. When i had to take my 10th Std exams as i was a little under age by a few months at that point in time, my parents changed my DOB by 2 months earlier than my acutal birth date, so that i could sit for the exam. From that point in time, in all my academic/work certificates and passport my DOB is marked with this new date. If i go back to the municipality from where i have to get my birth certificate, they will obviously get me one with my actual DOB, which i cannot use any more, as all my other documents say otherwise. I live outside India for quite sometime now(not Australia).

Can someone help me how i can address this situation?

Thanks
SSrinivas

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.