Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have recommendations - I live on the 26th floor of a Dubai Marina apt block. The owner upstairs is having his apt completely refitted ( i went up there the other day and they were pulling down walls, kitchen and bathrooms).

Thing is, the builders have been banging away, including use of hammer drill, every day since late July, with no end in sight. They even work on a Saturday, starting at 8am. IT IS DRIVING ME INSANE.

Are there any government entities I can speak to about excessive noise from building works, or do I have to let them get on with it?

Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I think you'll just have to get some ear plugs and let them get on with it. I understand your frustration though, back home, my bedroom window has been 10 metres from a building site for the last 2 years, they start at 7am every morning 6 days a week.

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Anyone have recommendations - I live on the 26th floor of a Dubai Marina apt block. The owner upstairs is having his apt completely refitted ( i went up there the other day and they were pulling down walls, kitchen and bathrooms).

Thing is, the builders have been banging away, including use of hammer drill, every day since late July, with no end in sight. They even work on a Saturday, starting at 8am. IT IS DRIVING ME INSANE.

Are there any government entities I can speak to about excessive noise from building works, or do I have to let them get on with it?

Appreciate the help!

Your first step is to speak to the owner of the apartment. Is he aware that his contractors are disturbing neighbours?

Second step is to speak to the building security and then the management. They can force people to limit noise and working hours.

Finally, contact the Municipality. They will assist with a noise disturbacne case once you have tried the other options.

Despite what people will tell you, you do NOT have to tolerate this kind of thing and proper procedure are in place.

-

·
Registered
79 Posts
My heart goes out to you. I had builders working round the clock in the apartment upstairs in India. I swear I was inches away from a nervous breakdown. You must take action.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.