Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I was working as a Sales Executive for a year in a company in Dubai. Due to personal reasons, I submitted my resignation and served my 30 day notice period for a month before leaving the company. Now the company refuses to pay me for the month I served because they changed the rules saying I needed to served 2 months of notice. Is it right for the company to do this? Is there a rule where the company can refuse to pay my salary for the month I served if I did not serve the full notice period?
Awaiting for an urgent response.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,963 Posts
Hi All
I was working as a Sales Executive for a year in a company in Dubai. Due to personal reasons, I submitted my resignation and served my 30 day notice period for a month before leaving the company. Now the company refuses to pay me for the month I served because they changed the rules saying I needed to served 2 months of notice. Is it right for the company to do this? Is there a rule where the company can refuse to pay my salary for the month I served if I did not serve the full notice period?
Awaiting for an urgent response.
Hi,
Notice periods are prescribed in UAE labour law and depend on whether you were on a fixed or unlimited contract.
The company don’t make the rules - they are laid down in the labour law.
So - your answer depends on which type of contract you were on.
Cheers
Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts