Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys,

I have an interesting case here. Let's say I got my skills accessed recently. As you many know ACS has started putting a specific date after which the applicant is considered to be skilled. I cannot provide any payrolls for the part of my experience which was before the date.

I will give you an example. ACS says:
The following employment after February 2011 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level
I don't have any evidence for my empoyment in 2010 besides references. Actually, I can get even several from different people but no payrolls. I was paid in cash at that time. I have everything for 2011-2013 years (references, payrolls, taxes were paid as well). I am wondering if I can claim 5 points in February 14.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Maybe you should be ready to get a letter from that company stating that you were paid in cash. I dont think it should be a problem though, afterall you are not claiming point for it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, I got all my experience at the same company and I still work there. It just happend that I didnt have any contract with them when i started my career.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hello guys,

I have an interesting case here. Let's say I got my skills accessed recently. As you many know ACS has started putting a specific date after which the applicant is considered to be skilled. I cannot provide any payrolls for the part of my experience which was before the date.

I will give you an example. ACS says:

I don't have any evidence for my empoyment in 2010 besides references. Actually, I can get even several from different people but no payrolls. I was paid in cash at that time. I have everything for 2011-2013 years (references, payrolls, taxes were paid as well). I am wondering if I can claim 5 points in February 14.
hi buddy,

getting a salary certificate from a company for the period you have no pay slips is more than sufficient to satisfy acs. ask your company's hr manager to provide this salary certificate mentioning your gross salary, income tax paid, etc. on company's letterhead.

all the best,
sathiya

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the problem is no taxes were paid. That's common practice here to pay in cash and do not pay taxes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked this experience as not relavant when I was filling out my EOI and I don't ask for points for this period. However, ACS saw this experience and they deduced 2 years taking into account the period mentioned above.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I checked this experience as not relavant when I was filling out my EOI and I don't ask for points for this period. However, ACS saw this experience and they deduced 2 years taking into account the period mentioned above.
Senior members, pls comment on this please.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys, I need any comments, should I go to agent to find out? I don't want to lose money if DIAC rejects my application.

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
You don't have to prove your work before Feb'11 if you are not claiming any points for that period. A Reference letter is good enough. Payslips, Bank Deposits or Tax Papers are needed if you are claiming points for a work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts