Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Every one,
I have, as i am sure you all have, fallen in love with Dubai. I have visited Dubai on 5 occasions now, albeit on holiday, and, it has become more and more difficult to get on the plane to return home to the UK. I have for quite some time now given very serious thought to finding employment and relocating to Dubai. I am 54 yrs young and come form an era were i served a full time apprenticeship gaining many qualifications along the way through to advanced City & Guilds and then on to many post apprenticeship qualifications within my chosen field. Most importantly have gained over 35yrs progressive experience up to site superintendent level with in the oil & gas, Petro/Chem and Nuclear industries. I have been very lucky with employment and, consider my CV document to be of a very good standard. How ever i do not posses a degree and, having now made several applications for positions that were very suitable, i have unfortunately not had any success to date. After doing my research as you would expect, i am now fearing the fact there is no degree on my CV and, unfortunately, i do not have any contacts in Dubai this is going to be a massive stumbling block going forward. I would be very grateful indeed for any help, guidance, advice or assistance any body could offer.
Kind regards, George.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi George,

This is my area of experience too and I have recently moved to Dubai. You need to make a few more posts then send me a private message and I will fill you in on all the info I have that might help- it's difficult but not impossible

talk to you soon

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Sooty,

thank you for your quick reply and of course your willingness to help, it is much appreciated. I will indeed endevour to make my qualifing posts and speak with you privately as suggested. Hopefully i will be in touch soon.

Kind regards,

George.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
You have probably heard this before, but being on holiday in a place is not the same as living and working there. Have you been here in the summer? During Ramadan?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes , i have been there during the summer , how ever not during ramadan.

I do realise that holiday periods are not the same as living in a place , but the time i have spent in Dubai is enough to know how much i appreciate its splendor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts