Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i was wondering how difficult it would be to get a job in canada without a degree? I am qualified classroom assistant but not sure if they will recognise my qualification in canada. I am realistically looking to go for a few years just as a change from the doom and gloom recession that we live in at the moment. So any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. :D :help:

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Your chances are slim to none, I'm afraid. May I ask your age please? There are many other ways to get a visa. In Canada teachers from verse as are not in demand so if you're anxious to come here you may need to look for other forms of employment

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your chances are slim to none, I'm afraid. May I ask your age please? There are many other ways to get a visa. In Canada teachers from verse as are not in demand so if you're anxious to come here you may need to look for other forms of employment
I am 25. I am currently a manager in appointments department of the hospital. I would be willing to do anything really that would mean I could go out. All advice an help is welcomed.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
You need to look at:-
Travel and Work in Canada | Temporary Work Visa For Work Holidays in Canada for Students and Youth | International Experience Canada

This is a programme designed to allow Brits up to 30 years old to come to Canada on a one year working vacation and from that, it is possible to get more permanent residency. On the WHV one may live and work wherever one chooses. While only a one year visa it is permitted to apply for a second year.
You have missed the 2013 programme and the 2014 will probably open up sometime in November. The programme is always oversubscribed so, if your interested, you need to be able to apply once it opens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks auld yin I have also looked into the irish 1 as I believe I can also apply for it. How easy wohkd it be to get a second year? Would the wages & cost of living etc actually allow me to save?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.