Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
NIS, Nermein Ismail language school (via yellow pages).
At the end, they wrote that the weapons used were not real, and that they were specially designed for this video.

I think it's kind of appreciation for the army, that's all.

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
NIS, Nermein Ismail language school (via yellow pages).
At the end, they wrote that the weapons used were not real, and that they were specially designed for this video.

I think it's kind of appreciation for the army, that's all.

I think it is more like propaganda for the army.

Did the children have any choice?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think it is more like propaganda for the army.

Did the children have any choice?
I don't think they had any choice, you are right.

There are no rules for videography, no approval needed to videotape the kids other than the school's approval, the same thing with using the kids pictures on the websites.

I think the school got a good amount of money though, and enough advertisement for another couple of years.

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
I don't think they had any choice, you are right.

There are no rules for videography, no approval needed to videotape the kids other than the school's approval, the same thing with using the kids pictures on the websites.

I think the school got a good amount of money though, and enough advertisement for another couple of years.

It's the sort of advert that would put me off putting any child of mine in a school.

IMO this is nothing but propaganda from the army.

Ask yourself why they didn't use a state school?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
My CCF (Combined Cadet Force) certainly had guns

I shot with:-

.22 live and air,
.303 rifles (Marksman of the Year),
SMG (Sub machine gun)
9mm Browing Pistol
GPMG (General Purpose Machine Gun)
SLR (Self Loading Rifle)
and a 105mm Field Gun.

I learnt respect for the power and learnt how to treat them carefully.

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
It certainly was when I was a member... I'm not naive enough to believe it's changed from it's purpose of encouraging young people to join the British Armed Forces when they are old enough.

It's voluntary.

My point is the children in the video have in my opinion been used by the army to sing their praises to the world. I wonder how many of those children volunteered for the video/

·
Registered
187 Posts
My point is the children in the video have in my opinion been used by the army to sing their praises to the world. I wonder how many of those children volunteered for the video/

Oh come on people, this is Egypt after all, if you asked any young boys if they wanted to dress up like a soldier and run around with (toy) guns, how many would refuse I wonder!!!! Have you never seen the youngsters running around the streets with their guns playing? This isn't the UK where due to health and safety, concerns of security and political correctness have taken away the pleasure of the young children who are no longer able to play "cowboys and indians' or "soldiers and army' anymore.
As for the children in the school.... saluting the flag, singing the national flag and practising patriotism is an everyday part of their school life, in my opinion far better to teach them to love their country than to be teaching them to hate the police and f*** the army which is being instructed in some schools!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts