Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have checked the ACS site and it says that I need to have 6 years of experience if my education is in different Domain than ICT Major and work experience in different domain.
I have 4.5 years of exp as software tester and have B.Tech(Biotechnology) .My consultant tell me i can apply for ACS assessment right now and once i complete 5 years i can apply for Visa .

All those in similar field and moved kindly let me know if i can right away apply for ACS .
If not what are the options for me .
If i have to go for emploer sponsored Visa ,what are the chances that i might get a emplorer to sponspor me .

Can some one share a list of consulants in Australia who can help me .

Please do advice me ,

best Regards
Vicky

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi All,
I have checked the ACS site and it says that I need to have 6 years of experience if my education is in different Domain than ICT Major and work experience in different domain.
I have 4.5 years of exp as software tester and have B.Tech(Biotechnology) .My consultant tell me i can apply for ACS assessment right now and once i complete 5 years i can apply for Visa .

All those in similar field and moved kindly let me know if i can right away apply for ACS .
If not what are the options for me .
If i have to go for emploer sponsored Visa ,what are the chances that i might get a emplorer to sponspor me .

Can some one share a list of consulants in Australia who can help me .

Please do advice me ,

best Regards
Vicky

In your case , you have 4 yrs of study and 4 yrs of work experience in ICT which is sufficient to apply for ACS .6 yrs exp is required for those people who had done their study of 3 yrs .
However , you must also check for points pass mark to apply for visa so what your agent said might be correct according to your profile .
I dont see other options for you as getting employer sponsored visa is almost impossible until you are in a niche or demanding skill .

Besides , Under what ANZCO code are you applying because i dont see software testing in SOL list . I would like to know bcoz i know someone who is into software testing and unable to apply since his skill is not in SOL .

·
Registered
556 Posts
In your case , you have 4 yrs of study and 4 yrs of work experience in ICT which is sufficient to apply for ACS .6 yrs exp is required for those people who had done their study of 3 yrs .
However , you must also check for points pass mark to apply for visa so what your agent said might be correct according to your profile .
I dont see other options for you as getting employer sponsored visa is almost impossible until you are in a niche or demanding skill .

Besides , Under what ANZCO code are you applying because i dont see software testing in SOL list . I would like to know bcoz i know someone who is into software testing and unable to apply since his skill is not in SOL .
Imran,
Sotware Tester (261314) is a skill code which is on SOL2. Unfortunately it is a skill code which needs state sponsorship for you to be able to apply for a visa.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi ,
Thanks a lot for your response .
@Imran -just to double checking once again .Actually ACS site says if you fall under ICT minor and do not have work experience relevant to education you need minimum of 6 years of work experience in nomiated occupation .
can I still go ahead ACS assessment ?
@Coolsnake -Have you applied under the same occupation code ,if not do you know someone who has or planning with similar kind of work exp ?

DO you guys have the idea that after 1st july according to new rules subclass 176 which will be 190 would not be restricted to a specific state .I read it under new guidlines on the forum .

Thanks once again for your advice .

Vicky

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hi ,
@Imran -just to double checking once again .Actually ACS site says if you fall under ICT minor and do not have work experience relevant to education you need minimum of 6 years of work experience in nomiated occupation .
@Coolsnake -Have you applied under the same occupation code ,if not do you know someone who has or planning with similar kind of work exp ?

DO you guys have the idea that after 1st july according to new rules subclass 176 which will be 190 would not be restricted to a specific state .I read it under new guidlines on the forum .

Vicky
Hi Vickyyy,
Yes, I have applied for 176 under the afore mentioned skill code so I have first hand experience. :)

Yes, I did read it on a post here about 190 not having any state restriction but I would suggest you dont wait for Skill Select to apply for the visa.

Give us a shout here if you have any questions. Good luck!! :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi ,

Vicky
Here it is ,

3 yrs qualification + work exp not related to qualification requires 6 yrs of work exp in nominated skill .
4 yrs qualification + work exp not related to qualification requires 4 yrs of work exp in nominated skill .
4 yrs qualification + work exp related to qualification requires 2 yrs of work exp in nominated skill .

This is info i knew while i appled for skills assesment . I hope they have not changed it recently.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here it is ,

3 yrs qualification + work exp not related to qualification requires 6 yrs of work exp in nominated skill .
4 yrs qualification + work exp not related to qualification requires 4 yrs of work exp in nominated skill .
4 yrs qualification + work exp related to qualification requires 2 yrs of work exp in nominated skill .

This is info i knew while i appled for skills assesment . I hope they have not changed it recently.
Sorry. got confused a little bit. just want to be sure. As per http://www.acs.org.au/public/ska/docs/Summary of Criteria - V5.pdf
the info you have shared is for ICT Major and not ICT minor.
I have 4yrs BTech. degree in Biotechnology, does it come under ICT Major ?
Also if possible, can you share your qualification (degree and field) and work experience ( domain and years) , when you applied. It might help me understand.
Thanks a lot for your help

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all ,
I am still waiting to get your expert advice on my query .
kindly suggest me should i go ahead with skill assessment or still wait for some time .

I am eagerly waiting for ur response .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi all ,
I am still waiting to get your expert advice on my query .
kindly suggest me should i go ahead with skill assessment or still wait for some time .

I am eagerly waiting for ur response .
Hi Vicky,

I am in same position as you but in my case i have 7.4 years of IT experience. I too had done bachelors in Biotechnology from VTU, Karnataka and not sure whether it is ICT minor or non ICT. Can you or anybody please advice me whether i go ahead with just skill assessment or skill assessment with RPL with more fee.:confused2:

Cheers,
Sukrit

·
Registered
780 Posts
Hi Vicky,

I am in same position as you but in my case i have 7.4 years of IT experience. I too had done bachelors in Biotechnology from VTU, Karnataka and not sure whether it is ICT minor or non ICT. Can you or anybody please advice me whether i go ahead with just skill assessment or skill assessment with RPL with more fee.:confused2:

Cheers,
Sukrit
Though you can still go ahrad with skill assessment as you are having more than 6 years of exp.
Btw, in case, your 6 years gets deducted, then will you be able to score 60 minimum?
What is your occupation, ceiling for most of the occupation is already met or about to met soon.

I personally suggest, try to good score in IELTS /PTE at first which is one of the biggest hurdle people face here.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Expat Forum

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Vicky,

Cheers,
Sukrit
I would suggest to go ahead with your acs. It all depends on the technology subjects you have in your course. anyways, even if they need rpl, they will give 30 days to file the rpl and you have to pay just $50 extra..

Writing an RPL will not take more than a week as that's what it took me to write...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks piyush for your reply mate.

Should I file ACS or ACS with RPL.I aint sure whether my qualification is ICT minor or non ICT. Also, is there any need to get my graduation accredited from vetassess before I can do EOI. Vetassess takes 3 weeks to 3 months to assess sometimes so I have to do it before since my occupation ceiling is filled. I am working as data warehouse developer or database developer. I fall in 2613 group of software engineer but will the occupation ceiling be there after 3 months when I am done with all the assessments,I am not sure.

Actually I have 55 points with 30 age, 0 points for job experience( unfortunately), 15 points for qualification, 10 points for language (ielts).

Was documents I should keep it ready for ACS?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Thanks piyush for your reply mate.

Should I file ACS or ACS with RPL.I aint sure whether my qualification is ICT minor or non ICT. Also, is there any need to get my graduation accredited from vetassess before I can do EOI. Vetassess takes 3 weeks to 3 months to assess sometimes so I have to do it before since my occupation ceiling is filled. I am working as data warehouse developer or database developer. I fall in 2613 group of software engineer but will the occupation ceiling be there after 3 months when I am done with all the assessments,I am not sure.

Actually I have 55 points with 30 age, 0 points for job experience( unfortunately), 15 points for qualification, 10 points for language (ielts).

Was documents I should keep it ready for ACS?
Go ahead with accessment, do it for next time when ceiling will be refreshed after july.
cannt tell exactly about vetnesssess..but for ACS shall be able to tell you the route of rpl - anyhow they will give ample of time.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Expat Forum

·
Registered
70 Posts
I would suggest to go ahead with your acs. It all depends on the technology subjects you have in your course. anyways, even if they need rpl, they will give 30 days to file the rpl and you have to pay just $50 extra..

Writing an RPL will not take more than a week as that's what it took me to write...
Hi

Please can you confirm will it be $50 or $200 ?

because I checked the ACS site 'https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/12659/Recognition-of-Prior-Learning-RPL.pdf ' and they say the below

Recognition of Prior Learning RPL – FAQs
Does my qualification contain enough ICT content to apply for a General Skills
application or do I need to apply for an RPL?
Due to the extensive and complex nature of the skills assessment process, it is not possible for us to provide an opinion on your qualifications ICT content until the time of assessment.
Please note that if you apply under General skills and your qualification is assessed as having insufficient ICT and you meet the experience requirement of an RPL application then a recommendation will be sent via email to change your application to RPL. In these circumstances you will need to provide an additional $200 fee and provide the ACS Project Report Form.

Thanks
Ravi

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi

Please can you confirm will it be $50 or $200 ?

because I checked the ACS site 'https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/12659/Recognition-of-Prior-Learning-RPL.pdf ' and they say the below

Recognition of Prior Learning RPL – FAQs
Does my qualification contain enough ICT content to apply for a General Skills
application or do I need to apply for an RPL?
Due to the extensive and complex nature of the skills assessment process, it is not possible for us to provide an opinion on your qualifications ICT content until the time of assessment.
Please note that if you apply under General skills and your qualification is assessed as having insufficient ICT and you meet the experience requirement of an RPL application then a recommendation will be sent via email to change your application to RPL. In these circumstances you will need to provide an additional $200 fee and provide the ACS Project Report Form.

Thanks
Ravi
May be a price increase.

When I applied last month, I went with RPL directly and paid $550.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts