Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

My name is Muhammad. I am from Pakistan. Me and my wife are soon plannig to apply for visa. We got married last week but in our Nikah nama from Union council at Nadra form, our marital status is coming as single. Now this information is as at the time of wedding as if the partners were single divorced widowed etc. However, nothing as such is mentioned. Under the heading which just states marital status, it says single. Is it okay. Can anyone from Pakistan cater this issue? Or share their personal experience please it would be great. Many thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello Guys,

My name is Muhammad. I am from Pakistan. Me and my wife are soon plannig to apply for visa. We got married last week but in our Nikah nama from Union council at Nadra form, our marital status is coming as single. Now this information is as at the time of wedding as if the partners were single divorced widowed etc. However, nothing as such is mentioned. Under the heading which just states marital status, it says single. Is it okay. Can anyone from Pakistan cater this issue? Or share their personal experience please it would be great. Many thanks
That's fine. Marriage certificate states the status at the time of marriage.

Under Particulars of Groom/Bride >> Marital status : "Single" means Bride was single at the time of marriage.

other possible statuses are Divorce , Married ( in case it was second marriage ) and Windowed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Single on that certificate means your both were single at the time of wedding. That is perfectly fine. No worries.
Next step is to get updated CNIC for both of you and then family registration certificate.

Good Luck

·
Registered
31 Posts
Do we need to upload Big Nikkah Nama with translation as well? The one that contain all signatures and stuff?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi

Your nadra marriage certificate is enough. Also get a family registration certificate from Nadra.

Do we need to upload Big Nikkah Nama with translation as well? The one that contain all signatures and stuff?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks,
Yes I have Nadra Registration Certificate, and FRC as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Zeeshan

Hi

I want to clarify that does frc requires Pakistan's foreign office attestation or is Nadra FRC without attestation is acceptable as proof of birthcertificate

Thanks& rgds

Zeeshan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.