Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

nie

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  ExpatWannabee 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
yesterday we went to almeria to get an nie number we had filled in the paper work at home no bother booked an appointment on line for 9am got there about 8-45 with a fair few already there any way got in the building for 9 and got a number and straight away it was our turn he checked the paper work all good then he asked as why we wanted an nie i said for social purposes then he asked about income i said i get a pension every month but he wanted to see it going into a spanish bank account i said i cannot open an account until i have an nie thats whey we are here today and he also said 5000€ in an account now i dont know if its an income plus the 5000 so i had no paper work for this so no nie today so the question i ask is in the que there was quite a lot of people who didn't look like they had 5000€ in cash or a monthly income so what are they putting on a form to get an nie

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
yesterday we went to almeria to get an nie number we had filled in the paper work at home no bother booked an appointment on line for 9am got there about 8-45 with a fair few already there any way got in the building for 9 and got a number and straight away it was our turn he checked the paper work all good then he asked as why we wanted an nie i said for social purposes then he asked about income i said i get a pension every month but he wanted to see it going into a spanish bank account i said i cannot open an account until i have an nie thats whey we are here today and he also said 5000€ in an account now i dont know if its an income plus the 5000 so i had no paper work for this so no nie today so the question i ask is in the que there was quite a lot of ....................... 5000€ in cash or a monthly income so what are they putting on a form to get an nie
Maybe they were getting temporary NIEs, Maybe they did have money in their accounts, maybe they were getting some sort of work permit, maybe they had employment contracts, maybe they arent european citizens and get their NIEs thru a different route?, maybe maybe, maybe.......... it doesnt matter. But theres no conspiracy against you. This is how it is to become a resident in Spain now.

You need proof of income and proof that you have healthcare in place. A bank account is easy, you simply take your passport in to a bank and open a non residents account - once you are a resident you can change it to a residents account

Jo xxx

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
yesterday we went to almeria to get an nie number we had filled in the paper work at home no bother booked an appointment on line for 9am got there about 8-45 with a fair few already there any way got in the building for 9 and got a number and straight away it was our turn he checked the paper work all good then he asked as why we wanted an nie i said for social purposes then he asked about income i said i get a pension every month but he wanted to see it going into a spanish bank account i said i cannot open an account until i have an nie thats whey we are here today and he also said 5000€ in an account now i dont know if its an income plus the 5000 so i had no paper work for this so no nie today so the question i ask is in the que there was quite a lot .............. 5000€ in cash or a monthly income so what are they putting on a form to get an nie
You don't of course. mean NIE - you mean the green card / paper which we commonly refer to as 'residencia'.

An NIE does not require you to prove income or savings.

We have stressed many times on this forum the need to have evidence that income and/or funds are going into a Spanish account. As said previously, anyone can open an account with or without an NIE - a passport will suffice.

#6 ·
yes, you have a non-residents account - that is sometimes the case with these

if you live here, you need to register as resident, as said - & then you'll get a NIE - you need to use form EX18

take a copy of your bank statements - as long as they show movements of over 650€ a month &/or the 5000€ balance they asked for, you'll be fine - you need to show healthcare provision too - but if you get a pension from the UK you'll have S1s which takes care of that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.