Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

First post :)

I am trying to get an NIE, have found the pdf version but does anybody have a translation of the form. I assume it has to be completed in Spanish before I take it to the embassy in the UK for processing. Also do I still need 2 photos or has this been no longer a requirement.

I did try and get it sorted in Spain earlier this week but the queues were horrendous and I failed both times to get a number :mad:

Thanks in advance

TB

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Hi

First post :)

I am trying to get an NIE, have found the pdf version but does anybody have a translation of the form. I assume it has to be completed in Spanish before I take it to the embassy in the UK for processing. Also do I still need 2 photos or has this been no longer a requirement.

I did try and get it sorted in Spain earlier this week but the queues were horrendous and I failed both times to get a number :mad:

Thanks in advance

TB
I'd re-post this on the spanish forum to get more replies !

·
Registered
15,407 Posts
Hi toffeeboy and welcome,

I'm sorry if this sounds a bit sniffy but if you are going to be moving to Spain would't it be an idea to get yourself a good Spanish dictionary and get started on that translation yourself, with the help of an online translator like Babelfish or Google Translate? Then find a Spanish person to check it for you.

You are going to have to get through a lot of paperwork here and most of it is not translated. That's the trouble with foreign countries - they speak a foreign language!

·
Administrator
35,890 Posts

I'm sorry if this sounds a bit sniffy but if you are going to be moving to Spain would't it be an idea to get yourself a good Spanish dictionary and get started on that translation yourself, with the help of an online translator like Babelfish or Google Translate? Then find a Spanish person to check it for you.

You are going to have to get through a lot of paperwork here and most of it is not translated. That's the trouble with foreign countries - they speak a foreign language!
you have a point;)

there really isn't any 'writing' as such involved - just putting info in boxes

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Probably would be a good idea if I intended to move to Spain but I do not! I have inherited a property here and cannot do anything with it until I have this number, that is the only reason I need the number. I still love Blighty :D

·
Registered
360 Posts
You will find a basic translation of the form here:

NIE number

Some of the other information on this site is questionable. For example, new numbers currently being issued begin with a Y because they have run out of X numbers.

At least it gives you the translation you need but don't take the other information as gospel.

One other point. If you are going to download the form don't do it from the link on that site. It is out of date. Do it from here:

http://www.mir.es/SGACAVT/modelos/extranjeria/modelos_extranje/ex_14.pdf

·
Registered
1,868 Posts

NIE number

Some of the other information on this site is questionable. For example, new numbers currently being issued begin with a Y because they have run out of X numbers.

At least it gives you the translation you need but don't take the other information as gospel.

One other point. If you are going to download the form don't do it from the link on that site. It is out of date. Do it from here:

Mine has a Y on it! I got mine about..ermm.. probably 18 months ago! But deffo starts with a Y!

·
Administrator
35,890 Posts

NIE number

yes, that link is the same as the one in our Spanish Forms sticky thread;)

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/spain-expat-forum-expats-living-spain/2725-spanish-forms-other-useful-links.html

·
Registered
913 Posts
I know we are in Spain and Spanish is the official language (in most places) but I do think that things like the form and information for NIE (Número de Identidad de Extranjeros) which is for foreigners could be available in other languages.

I feel that Spain is one of the worst European countries for making allowances for non-native speakers.

I am not saying that we should not learn Spanish when we come here but we all need a little help from time to time.

My Spanish is not fluent but is ok for everyday conversations. I recently spent some time in hospital in an area where there are a lot of ex-pats and English speaking tourists but there was no help available to explain what was going on. I had to employ a translator to help me understand some things I would have struggled with in England.

·
Administrator
35,890 Posts
I know we are in Spain and Spanish is the official language (in most places) but I do think that things like the form and information for NIE (Número de Identidad de Extranjeros) which is for foreigners could be available in other languages.

I feel that Spain is one of the worst European countries for making allowances for non-native speakers.

snip..........
actually that is a very good point - since it's for foreigners it really should be available in other languages, shouldn't it - there's almost certainly some EU directive (well in the UK they say there is, which is why all signs in doctors & places like that are in about 100 languages!!)

ok so I exaggerate - but you know what I mean

·
Registered
843 Posts
actually that is a very good point - since it's for foreigners it really should be available in other languages, shouldn't it - there's almost certainly some EU directive (well in the UK they say there is, which is why all signs in doctors & places like that are in about 100 languages!!)

ok so I exaggerate - but you know what I mean
The foreigners office in Mijas is marvellous for helping out with this sort of thing. They will fill the form in for you. They also send out regular emails in Spanish and English to let residents know what is going on, and their monthly magazine is also in English and Spanish. I believe they also have a Dutch/German speaker in the office to help out too... They will try and help out with any query really. They also produce a series of booklets in English explaining things like driving regs, healthcare, etc with all the contacts to get things sorted. They really do recognise that in this particular area, they have a huge percentage of foreign residents and I guess it all works in their favour if they consequently manage to get all those registered on the padron.

·
Registered
2 Posts
NIE translation

There is now a new NIE form EX-15 which I downloaded today from:

the Gobierno de Espana website - Ministerio del Interior

It's only 106kB but can't attach to this message for some reason and not allowed to post a URL yet.

I entered NIE into the search Engine and chose the third option listed which starts with the words PAGE 1.

·
Administrator
35,890 Posts
There is now a new NIE form EX-15 which I downloaded today from:

the Gobierno de Espana website - Ministerio del Interior

It's only 106kB but can't attach to this message for some reason and not allowed to post a URL yet.

I entered NIE into the search Engine and chose the third option listed which starts with the words PAGE 1.
yes - there's a link to it on the first post of our http://www.expatforum.com/expats/spain-expat-forum-expats-living-spain/2725-spanish-forms-other-important-info-useful-links.html sticky :D

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
The foreigner's department in Nerja are equally helpful and will complete the form for you although tbh it really isn't very difficult.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.