Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have a question about my NIE. I moved here last year and have nice moved towns - still in the region. Do I have to get the address on my NIE changed? I've empadronarmed myself at the Ayuntamiento buy I'm just a bit worried about my NIE not matching....l

Any help is appreciated!

·
Administrator
36,440 Posts
Hello!

I have a question about my NIE. I moved here last year and have nice moved towns - still in the region. Do I have to get the address on my NIE changed? I've empadronarmed myself at the Ayuntamiento buy I'm just a bit worried about my NIE not matching....l

Any help is appreciated!
your NIE/green resident cert?

you are supposed to tell them when you move but I wouldn't panic about it - mine still has my old address on it & has caused no problems (not that I can actually find it atm :eek:) - & I never did change the address on my original NIE until I got the resident cert when they were introduced

I had intended popping over to the extranjería to change it, but with all the new resident rules they have cancelled all appts until they know what they are doing

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can I just add that the bought of dealing with Spanish administration fills me with DREAD!! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much! Yes it is the green card - or green piece of paper!!!

I'll do it in due course then.... (gulp)

·
Administrator
36,440 Posts
Can I just add that the bought of dealing with Spanish administration fills me with DREAD!! :)
it's not that bad!!!

just always go armed with everything you think you might need - then everything you don't think you need - several photocopies of all of that - some patience & a smile :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
xabiachica said:
it's not that bad!!!

just always go armed with everything you think you might need - then everything you don't think you need - several photocopies of all of that - some patience & a smile :D
Yes I do that too!!! Plead ignorance and make them feel sorry for you (oh and have an English speaker on stand-by) :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts