Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
U.K.
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to help a neighbour.... get me!

She like myself and at least five other people I know, changed from Quantis internet to the new brilliant maovistar.

Everyone of us simply phoned, then sent an email, had a reply stating we would have our contracts CX and they would make arrangements to collect equipment.. simples and all done.

She phoned a few days ago, they want copies of her NIE certificate... ? I have asked them to explain why they need this, they didn't ask anyone else. All I get in reply is we need it. She cannot find a certificate she has a residency card with photo ID on but it expired a few years ago. She's legally resident as far as I am aware, pays taxes has a state healthcare Dr etc. and has lived here for twelve years

I sent them a copy of her NIE number as on the residencia card, they say that's not sufficient
Any ideas as to why they would want this and how easy is it to get another one?

Thanks in advance

Xx

·
Administrator
36,512 Posts
No idea why they'd want one, but she'd get a new one at the extranjería.

Since she's got an old residency card I imagine she's been here much longer than 5 years, so she should in fact get herself a 'permanent' resident cert. which of course will have her NIE on it.

Use form EX18

·
Registered
67 Posts
We bought a new mattress and they asked for our NIE number too, luckily OH had a copy in his wallet but I found it strange.
Moyra

·
Registered
164 Posts
I presume it has something to do with preventing companies switching people to different companies without their knowledge. Something to do with preventing fraud anyway.

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
We bought a new mattress and they asked for our NIE number too, luckily OH had a copy in his wallet but I found it strange.
Moyra
You will often get asked for your NIE number, especially if you receive deliveries but that is different from being asked for your NIE certificate.

·
Registered
U.K.
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Moyra
You will often get asked for your NIE number, especially if you receive deliveries but that is different from being asked for your NIE certificate.
Yes exactly giving your NIE number is normal. Not having to produce the certificate never had to do that. Which my friend has since found.

I've referred her to a lawyer friend who is going to sort out her permanent residency

AFAIC thread can be closed. Questions asked and answered

·
Administrator
36,512 Posts
Yes exactly giving your NIE number is normal. Not having to produce the certificate never had to do that. Which my friend has since found.

I've referred her to a lawyer friend who is going to sort out her permanent residency

AFAIC thread can be closed. Questions asked and answered
done :) :tea:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.