Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Very last minute but myself and my daughter are travelling to Palma this Friday 23/06/17. My daughter has got an internship with a company for 1 year.
She doesnt have an NIE number and needs ine straight away as she starts work on Tuesday 27th.
She is also looking for student accomadation in the center of Palma.

Any advice or help woud be greatly appreciated'
Many thanks
Anne Marie:)

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
What exactly is your question here? I'm not sure how to respond.

Palma is not in the UK, perhaps this is better asked in the Spain forum?

·
Administrator
36,510 Posts
Of course. Spain forum.Thank you for pointing that out.
Thats the pressure Im under
Thanks again
Someone has moved it for you :)

If you're near London & can get an appt for tomorrow, your daughter can apply for a NIE at the Spanish Consulate there.

Otherwise she'll have to wait until she gets to Palma - I imagine you mean Palma de Mallorca?

You apply at the 'foreigners' office' - the extranjería. I don't know if they have online appts there, but if they do, you'll be able to make an appt via this link https://sede.administracionespublicas.gob.es/icpplus/index.html

If not, she'll have to visit the extranjería in person to make an appt. The personnel dept of the company should be able to advise her as to how & where.

For accommodation.... this isn't the best time of year & rental accomodation on the islands is extremely expensive. I saw a news item recently that even police officers are sharing rooms because they can't afford to rent :eek: They are even refusing transfers!

Again, I'm surprised the company hasn't made any suggestions - but take a look at the rental section of http://www.expatforum.com/expats/spain-expat-forum-expats-living-spain/2725-faqs-lots-useful-info.html where'll you'll find links to national rental websites.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts