Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Not mandatory rather discretionary!!I haven't heard of FIA protector but Overseas Pakistanis Foundation kind of Insurance/protector.....for UAE visa......NICOP as per my experience is no-more than piece of plastic card in your wallet....you take it along everywhere but don't know the purpose of it all..... and nobody asked for it....anyway you'd have to be on safer side and go for NICOP only....

·
Registered
760 Posts
NiCop is nothing more than a piece of Plastic thats it :)
Yes well said....I wonder what if it might be required by Pakistani Consulate in Australia for passport renewal and other misc verification services currently or in future.... have to confirm that aspect of its utility.....because in UAE Pakistani consulate demands NICOP to renew passport but in case of unavailability valid CNIC is also acceptable.

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes well said....I wonder what if it might be required by Pakistani Consulate in Australia for passport renewal and other misc verification services currently or in future.... have to confirm that aspect of its utility.....because in UAE Pakistani consulate demands NICOP to renew passport but in case of unavailability valid CNIC is also acceptable.

Thanks
Same procedure is being followed here in Kuwait as well

·
Registered
76 Posts

Thanks
Same procedure is being followed here in Kuwait as well

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi guys sorry to bump into someone else's thread like this but I have the same problem.

I am told that FIA protector is mandatory and they won't let you through the airport if you don't have one. I have a 175 immigration visa. I called the FIA office in Model Town Lahore, they say it is must if you want to leave the country. And it costs 6500 rupees as well. Which I think is pure extortion. Why would I want to pay this much money for something I wont need/dont want/wont use?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Hi guys sorry to bump into someone else's thread like this but I have the same problem.

I am told that FIA protector is mandatory and they won't let you through the airport if you don't have one. I have a 175 immigration visa. I called the FIA office in Model Town Lahore, they say it is must if you want to leave the country. And it costs 6500 rupees as well. Which I think is pure extortion. Why would I want to pay this much money for something I wont need/dont want/wont use?
Who told you this?I don't think this is mandatory?I have asked a friend of mine who has recently left for Australia from Pakistan,no sooner did he reply I'll let you know.

Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Who told you this?I don't think this is mandatory?I have asked a friend of mine who has recently left for Australia from Pakistan,no sooner did he reply I'll let you know.

Thanks.
I called the FIA office in model town. The guy said that all work visa holders must get a protector. I told him that I have a 175 visa which is not work permit but immigration. He advised me to visit the office with my passport. So tomorrow I will go to FIA office with my passport and personally sort this out. Will post my finding here but in the mean time if anyone who has recently went to Australia from Pakistan on a 175 visa can please tell us if this is the case or not, I will be really grateful.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I called the FIA office in model town. The guy said that all work visa holders must get a protector. I told him that I have a 175 visa which is not work permit but immigration. He advised me to visit the office with my passport. So tomorrow I will go to FIA office with my passport and personally sort this out. Will post my finding here but in the mean time if anyone who has recently went to Australia from Pakistan on a 175 visa can please tell us if this is the case or not, I will be really grateful.
I don't think my friend did make this protector sort of thing,even then I've dropped a message for him to respond.

If you're to visit FIA then its your own choice and benefit will accrue to all.

Thanks.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I don't think my friend did make this protector sort of thing,even then I've dropped a message for him to respond.

If you're to visit FIA then its your own choice and benefit will accrue to all.

Thanks.
I have received the response from my friend who left on 08March2012 he confirmed that he didn't make NICOP and that protector either.It wasn't even asked for by FIA.

Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Guys, i reached Sydney on 30 march on a 175 visa and neither the protector or NICOP were asked for at the airport.

Sent from my Garmin-Asus A10 using Expat Forum

Reactions: rackspace
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.