Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
We had all new bins put on the lamp posts along the seafront here in Alex last summer.....mysteriously all disappeared now :confused:

The nice thing is though that they have been doing up all along the front, re painting the sunshades and repairing seating and railings (the railings were stolen and sold for scrap!!). Just wondering how long it will stay nice, we've already had some ignorant people writing graffiti over the walls, its everywhere.

Hope you get to keep your bins though :)

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We had all new bins put on the lamp posts along the seafront here in Alex last summer.....mysteriously all disappeared now :confused:

The nice thing is though that they have been doing up all along the front, re painting the sunshades and repairing seating and railings (the railings were stolen and sold for scrap!!). Just wondering how long it will stay nice, we've already had some ignorant people writing graffiti over the walls, its everywhere.

Hope you get to keep your bins though :)

maybe we have your bins:D

·
Registered
70 Posts
My street now has litter bins/baskets attached to posts and I notice so many more in Zamalek last night.:D:D:D

I hope this is a trend that will soon be seen all over Cairo and more importantly people using them,
Let's hope for some joined up thinking here and that arrangements have been made to empty the bins when they're full.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts