Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I applied for my wife spouse visa and paid for the NHS surcharge. She has given birth and now I have received a bill from the NHS stating no access to public funds hence a charge. I sent proof of the resident permit card and they didn't accept this and sent the debt to a debt management company. I rang them and they said she has to pay and i provided the surcharge ref number but they said that won't cover it. is that the case would I need to pay for this charge as I thought I was covered?

any advice would help thanks.

·
Registered
474 Posts
That's strange....Yeah, its sounds very dodgy!

Did your wife give birth after the visa application with IHS fee or after visa has been granted? People who have paid the IHS will be entitled to NHS healthcare free of charge, as soon as their leave to enter/remain begins.

NHS will notify the Home Office if a visa holder has unpaid debts and the Home Office will take this into account during the future leave to remain (FLR) application but, as you've paid the IHS fee, this will not affect the application in your case.

Why don't you give a call to NHS medical exemption enquiry line on 03003301341 and explain your situation?

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
In April you were going to apply for FLR but did not have 12 months of accounts to show for evidence of financial requirements.

You say you applied for FLR but did you get the visa?

If not, then that might be your problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.