Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been stressing about the fact that I paid my NHS surcharge AFTER I submitting my online visa application. I received an email stating the payment has been received and I was issued an IHS number.

My concern is that it stated you needed to pay that surcharge BEFORE submitting the application.

I have included the email receipt of payment with my supporting paperwork I'm sending to Sheffield.

Does anyone think my visa could be refused for paying this surcharge after submitting my application?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I believe it means submitting as actually completing and sending the application to the UKVI centre.

I followed the steps, submitted the online application and then paid all the fees, application fee, user pay (VFS) and then the NHS/IHS, booked the biometric and then my wife left all the paperwork at the VFS centre to be sent to the UKVI centre. 3 days later we received the email confirmation.

This seemed to be the procedure.
I wrote to IHS Sheffield and the IHS is all registered under our application ref so all ok.

AS long as it is paid before they enter the application into the system (actually receiving the paperwork) i don't believe this will be an issue. You just need to write the IHS number on the printed application form and a print out before sending it.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Your application is considered submitted when you complete the online application and pay.

This is what the UKVI website says about paying the surcharge:

When you have to pay

You must pay the healthcare surcharge for you and any dependants before you submit or send your visa or immigration application (or book an appointment at a premium service centre.

You’ll be contacted by UK Visas and Immigration if you didn’t pay the surcharge (or didn’t pay enough) as part of your visa or immigration application.

Your visa or immigration application will be turned down if you don’t pay the full amount:

within 10 working days if you’re inside the UK
within 7 working days if you’re outside the UK
Since it says you will be contacted if you don't pay, giving you the opportunity to pay after you have submitted, I think you will be all right.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blue Bubble...where exactly do I write the IHS number on the printed application? And the print out you mentioned...do you mean a print out of the receipt I received?

A million thanks!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Blue Bubble...where exactly do I write the IHS number on the printed application? And the print out you mentioned...do you mean a print out of the receipt I received?

A million thanks!
ours was messed up a bit. We sent a print screen of the IHS log on page showing the applicants name and ref. I think my wife also was told to write it on the top of the application form also. She was at a VFS centre with an assistant at the appointment who arranged the papers before packing them up in the courier pack.

There was a system glitch later and the IHS number disappeared therefore we had to contact IHS Sheffield to confirm.
All was ok and they had confirmation we had paid.

I would send in the receipt also if you can just to be sure.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for letting me know your experience. I will definitely send the emailed receipt...and I will write the number at the top of the application.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.