Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I got PR grant last week and want to know what all the things I need to follow now.
Is there anything which we must inform anything to any Australian Authority about this Or there is nothing to do once someone got PR and straight forward he can travel to Australia without doing anything.

Experienced members are requested to share their valuable thoughts on this.

Reactions: jellybean7777

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi All,

I got PR grant last week and want to know what all the things I need to follow now.
Is there anything which we must inform anything to any Australian Authority about this Or there is nothing to do once someone got PR and straight forward he can travel to Australia without doing anything.

Experienced members are requested to share their valuable thoughts on this.
Hi All,

Any idea on what to do next after getting 189 (PR) grant, any formalities to be completed with any Australian/ Indian Authorities?

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
You need to enter Australia to activate the visa; the date by which you need to enter is on your visa grant letter. Usually one year from the date you do your PCCs or medicals, whichever is first.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need to enter Australia to activate the visa; the date by which you need to enter is on your visa grant letter. Usually one year from the date you do your PCCs or medicals, whichever is first.
Hi
Thanks for your response. Yes, you are correct, I have to enter Australia at least once before that date (issued buy DIAC).

It seems nothing else is required to do with any authority in terms of updating them that I have got VISA 189 !!!

BTW thanks for your response.

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Hi
Thanks for your response. Yes, you are correct, I have to enter Australia at least once before that date (issued buy DIAC).

It seems nothing else is required to do with any authority in terms of updating them that I have got VISA 189 !!!

BTW thanks for your response.
No, that's it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts