Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 · (Edited)
I refuse to raise his YouTube rankings by clicking on it, but I can guess what he's saying. He's very clever at describing the problem, but the one thing he never does is suggest a workable solution.
You may have a point there, but I have to say, so does he!!

Anyway, don't bother clicking on it as it's the same as Jimenato posted before.

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention :eek:

PS. He's a good speaker, isn't he?

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
I think he's brilliant. I also think those around him are disgustingly rude!! They arrogantly ignore him. He seems to speak sense to me. No he doesnt appear to have an answer, but maybe those arrogant twits sitting around him have an answer since they created the problem. In any case, its manners to at least to look as though they are interested!!

Dont worry alcalaina, I listened to it twice to bring up his Youtube ranking lol ;)

Jo xxx

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
I think he's brilliant. I also think those around him are disgustingly rude!! They arrogantly ignore him. He seems to speak sense to me. No he doesnt appear to have an answer, but maybe those arrogant twits sitting around him have an answer since they created the problem. In any case, its manners to at least to look as though they are interested!!

Dont worry alcalaina, I listened to it twice to bring up his Youtube ranking lol ;)

Jo xxx
I did watch it when Jimenato posted it.

So do you agree that Britain should leave the EU then? That's what UKIP is about, after all. He gathers popular support by saying things that everyone agrees with.

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
I did watch it when Jimenato posted it.

So do you agree with him that Britain should leave the EU then? That's what UKIP is all about after all.

I dont agree with all he says, but I do agree with his way of describing the mess! I dont think that the UK should leave the EU - its all in too deep now and for anyone to leave would be too complicated to unravel (altho maybe gradually we should pull away and go back to the common market???) IMO, it it was never going to work and the EU should have been started up far more slowly and gently - if at all. Certainly even a fool could see that it wouldnt ever work in its present format. I'm glad the UK didnt go for the euro.

And yes, UKIP is ok, although in fairness I'm not a political animal and havent studied their manifestos. From what I can gather it believes in keeping nations as they are - nations. I'm not racist or anti anything, but we all need our tribes and are merrily supporting our "tribe" in the olympics - its natural. People still want to retain their identity and culture, so thats a good enough reason for UKIP to try to keep the UKs????

Jo xxx

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
I dont agree with all he says, but I do agree with his way of describing the mess! I dont think that the UK should leave the EU - its all in too deep now and for anyone to leave would be too complicated to unravel (altho maybe gradually we should pull away and go back to the common market???) IMO, it it was never going to work and the EU should have been started up far more slowly and gently - if at all. Certainly even a fool could see that it wouldnt ever work in its present format. I'm glad the UK didnt go for the euro.

And yes, UKIP is ok, although in fairness I'm not a political animal and havent studied their manifestos. From what I can gather it believes in keeping nations as they are - nations. I'm not racist or anti anything, but we all need our tribes and are merrily supporting our "tribe" in the olympics - its natural. People still want to retain their identity and culture, so thats a good enough reason for UKIP to try to keep the UKs????

Jo xxx
But the UK has lots of different "tribes" as you put it. UKIP only represents one of them.

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
I refuse to raise his YouTube rankings by clicking on it, but I can guess what he's saying. He's very clever at describing the problem, but the one thing he never does is suggest a workable solution.
Superficially he is very entertaining. He is articulate, a good debater and often makes some very valid and telling points.

However......he has a dark side which is rarely shown to the British public.
UKIP is basically a one-trick-pony libertarian Party....and imo anyone who swallows that particular philosophy needs to lie in a darkened room or seek medical help.

There is a case, a very strong case, for a redefinition of what it means for the UK to be a member of the EU but UKIP want withdrawal and seem to imagine that this is a merely formality, a technical readjustment of treaties, with no consideration for British jobs or how we would find trading partners to replace the 50% plus trade we have with the EU.

UKIP profess that we would be able to continue trading within the EU...well, yes, we would...but with unfavourable tariffs. They talk blithely of trading with the U.S., with Canada, Australia and other Commonwealth countries, seemingly oblivious to the fact that these countries have moved on and founnd other partners and alliances.

The fact that Farage went to Prague to meet with D.O.S.T. as their guest should not be minimised. These are fascists, homophobes, racists, anti-Semites, the Czech equivalent of the BNP.

We've already got the UK Conservatives in a bloc in the European Parliament with Polish homophobes and anti-Semites, Latvians who honour the SS, Hungarian fascists and Czech loonies....

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
But the UK has lots of different "tribes" as you put it. UKIP only represents one of them.
Now that Millipede decided to pay attention to what a very large number, probably a majority, of British people of all ethnicities, think, maybe the debate about immigration can be uncoupled from 'racism'.

The data supplied by Jonathan Portes purporting to show that EU immigration has been of benefit to the UK is highly partisan...'twas he who made the comment about 'rubbing people's noses in multi-culturalism'.

We are a small, densely populated island. All very well to counter well-founded claims that the strain on our infrastructure can be removed by building more houses, schools, hospitals.... Do we want a UK covered in concrete??

It's time for honesty and Millipede hasn't been totally honest. There is one question that needs to be answered before anyone debating this issue can be taken seriously:

Do you think there should be no limit too immigration into the UK?

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
. He's very clever at describing the problem, but the one thing he never does is suggest a workable solution.
Well, he's not the only one, is he.....;) That could be said of many politicians and Parties/groupuscules of left or right.

Much criticism of Tory policies is just that...

Many of the solutions on offer are either away with the fairies as Scottish OH says or more suitable for a sixth-form Political Studies debate.

'Abolish capitalism!'; is the cry.

To replace it with.....:confused::confused::confused:

I've asked a few questions I've not had answered. ....;)

61 - 68 of 68 Posts