Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
Yep, that's what all the immigrants (both legal and illegal) to UK claim
Ahh....but that's because we allow virtually anyone in to the UK, regardless of whether or not they are able to fend for themselves....unlike Spain and some other EU states.

I think a country has a duty to its citizens to provide the necessities of a civilised life...for society's sake as I said.
But I've also made it clear that rights go hand in hand with responsibilities and no one should expect owt for nowt, as the saying goes.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Ahh....but that's because we allow virtually anyone in to the UK, regardless of whether or not they are able to fend for themselves....unlike Spain and some other EU states.

I think a country has a duty to its citizens to provide the necessities of a civilised life...for society's sake as I said.
But I've also made it clear that rights go hand in hand with responsibilities and no one should expect owt for nowt, as the saying goes.
If you ever look onto the British forum, the main topic of conversation at the moment is how to get into UK mainly before the boarder agency rules and requirements change, I think in July, there are some who are still worrying about the new criteria for entering UK after that date. I don't want to get into any big discussion about what is going on there, but you can clearly 'read between the lines' to see that some people just have not got a clue how they will fend for themselves long term in the UK, they just want to get there regardless.
Hopefully the newer UKBA rules due to be released will deter some who are not entering for honest reasons, i.e. for the good of UK tax payer, its free national health and to integrate with citizens.:focus:

·
Registered
19,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Front page news in El Periodico and other papers today
Sin derecho a la sanidad
Sin derecho a la sanidad

Un arquitecto en paro se quedará sin tarjeta sanitaria si no prueba que es pobre en virtud del decreto de Mato

Miércoles, 13 de junio - 00:30h.

Un arquitecto catalán de 28 años, Francesc Romero, vecino de Mataró (Maresme), sin contrato laboral que le permita cotizar como asegurado en el régimen de la Seguridad Social, ha sido informado de que a partir del próximo 1 de septiembre perderá el derecho a la asistencia pública que aún le facilita su tarjeta sanitaria, salvo si certifica que sus ingresos anuales son tan escasos que no superan un "límite reglamentario" aún por decidir. En este caso, mantendría su credencial.

No right to Medical Care
An unemployed architect will not have a social security card unless he can prove that he is poor because of the Mato decree.
A 28 year old Catalan architect, Francesc Romero from Mataró (Maresme), who does not have a work contract that allows him to contribute to the SS, has been informed that as from Sept 1st he will lose his right to the public health system, for which he still holds a card. Only if he can prove that his annual income does not excede a "regulated limit", that has yet to be stipulated, will he maintain his rights.

I heard on the radio that as he is over 26 he can not go on his mothers social security number.
More on this story as posted in another thread somewhere
Ministry backtracks on healthcare entitlement restrictions | In English | EL PAÍS
" is a radical change from an April decree that stipulated that non-contributors had to prove a complete lack of income in order to be eligible for a public health card.
But that decision left out social groups like rentiers or members of religious congregations, who do not pay Social Security, but have an income. The new legislation is an attempt to patch up these holes. From now on, anyone over 26 who has never paid Social Security will still be allowed to use the public health network, as long as they make under 100,000 euros a year.
"

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
More on this story as posted in another thread somewhere
[ From now on, anyone over 26 who has never paid Social Security will still be allowed to use the public health network, as long as they make under 100,000 euros a year.[/I]"
I think that will cover the vast majority !!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Farage alert!

It's difficult to argue with much of this.

I would prefer it if he suggested some solutions rather than just banging on about the problems.

No more lifeboats left on EU Titanic - YouTube
Tx jimenato. Very amusing and sickening. His reference to Rajoy got smiles from the people around him and there were less jeers and more applause than I remember him receiving say last year. It is of course the same message many are giving including the youth of Spain so not sure whether his research comes from simply reading web forums or not.

But with luck and the efforts of sensible and honest people the end will now come quickly. And then the rebuild can begin and then we will see if Farge has something positive to offer. I get the feeling however that he is more suited to being opposition than government.

Reactions: Alcalaina

·
Registered
15,747 Posts
Former Bankia chairman Rodrigo Rato has offered to forego the 1.2 million euros he is due from the nationalized bank in exchange for the lender not enforcing a clause in his contract that bars him from working for a rival for two years after his departure.
Rato offers to waive payoff package from Bankia | In English | EL PAÍS
Words fail me.

Not because he is being rewarded for failure with a €1,2m bonus - we're used to that - but because there is evidently another bank out there who would employ him!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Just like the footie

Words fail me.

Not because he is being rewarded for failure with a €1,2m bonus - we're used to that - but because there is evidently another bank out there who would employ him!
Funny that. Just like footie managers who get the sack from one club and are then hired by another. I mean,how many clubs is Mick McCarthy going to go thru before the clubs realise that, nice bloke as he seems to be, he's a duff manager.

And on the political front, Mr N Kinnock and 'Lord' Mandelson must rank as all-time greats in this class of operator - copper-bottomed, yard-wide, fully certified failures who get promoted.

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
Tx jimenato. Very amusing and sickening. His reference to Rajoy got smiles from the people around him and there were less jeers and more applause than I remember him receiving say last year. It is of course the same message many are giving including the youth of Spain so not sure whether his research comes from simply reading web forums or not.

But with luck and the efforts of sensible and honest people the end will now come quickly. And then the rebuild can begin and then we will see if Farge has something positive to offer. I get the feeling however that he is more suited to being opposition than government.
I get the feeling he may be better suited to joining up with Marine Le Pen, Nick Griffiths and the Czech anti-Semites, racists and homophobes of D.O.S.T.whose guest he was in Prague a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Nick who?

I get the feeling he may be better suited to joining up with Marine Le Pen, Nick Griffiths and the Czech anti-Semites, racists and homophobes of D.O.S.T.whose guest he was in Prague a couple of weeks ago.
Give Nick Griffith a break! He's a great guy - viz

Nick Griffiths, author of Dalek I Loved You, In the Footsteps of Harrison Dextrose, Looking for Mrs Dextrose

I think you mean Nick Griffin.

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
Is she 'sittin in a rainbow, close yer eyes and drift aaawayyyy'?
Thanks Alca...you are a very kind person and I mean that..:)
No Chris, I save 'drifting away' for later;)

I made a silly mistake....just lately I've been careless with names..
But Griffith or Griffin, the man's a fascist (expletive deleted by Mod)

·
Registered
19,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·

·
Registered
15,747 Posts
Someone has just sent me this. Video about Spain, The EU, The Titanic and lifeboats. What do you think?
The Genius of Mutual Indebtedness - Nigel Farage - YouTube
PS: I know nothing about this bloke except what I've read on here...
I refuse to raise his YouTube rankings by clicking on it, but I can guess what he's saying. He's very clever at describing the problem, but the one thing he never does is suggest a workable solution.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts