Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I'm new to this site and this is my first post, so if it's in the wrong place or if I could get more information that I need elsewhere feel free to let me know.

So I've just finished college and have a technology teaching degree for second level education in Ireland (Materials Technology Wood, Technical Graphics, Construction Studies, Design and Communication Graphics). I've been doing a bit of subbing here and there in two different schools and have one more half day tomorrow, which should get me up to around 37.5 hours of my 300 that I need for full qualification.

My question goes out there to any technology teacher with experience in Dubai, or anywhere else for that matter...

Q: What is the technology education curriculum like compared to the Irish one? Are there any similarities?

That's the biggest issue I face at the moment.. I think I'd be okay moving from home, even though it would be especially hard on my parents, but needs must right after going into thousands of debt to get where I wanted to be. It's just I'd like to know what I'm getting into if I'm going to commit. I'd love to hear from people outside Dubai as well because I'm open to anything at the moment. Even if you're not Irish or have no idea what the Irish technology scene is like.. I'd still like to hear from you! :)

Thanks for your time and like I said, ANYONE.. feel free to chip in!

Nigel.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.